Adam Cooper and Stephanie Cooper v. Nancy Jean Garvin
J - Sanders; PA - George L. Partain
* The plaintiffs are requesting judgment in the amount of $100,000 following a traffic accident that occurred on April 9, 2007, on W.Va. 9, involving themselves and the defendant.
Case number: 09-C-118
Thomas Cokely and Linda Rippeon v. Jefferson County Animal Control
J - Sanders; PA- Pro se
* The plaintiffs filed a complaint requesting that a Thai Ridgeback male dog named Justice not be euthanized. The complaint seeks the court to restrain and prevent the dog from death by the Jefferson County Animal Control and to be returned to the owner following the 10-day quarantine period. The Plaintiffs were told that the dog would be euthanized on April 8. On March 29, at a time of extreme mental stress, Animal Control obtained signed documents from Linda Rippeon, releasing the dog to the personnel. The content of the forms was mis-represented according to the plaintiffs, who say they were told to sign the forms and call with a final decision. The Plaintiff was under the impression the dog would be returned to them. The defendant contradicted its previous conversation and did not release the dog.
Case number: 09-C-124
Henry Goss Jr. v. Tap House Inc. and John Does 1-6
J - Sanders; PA - Stephen Skinner
* Goss was an invitee of the Tap House on July 3, 2008, where he met some friends. While there, the defendant John Does assaulted, battered and injured him in his eye, face and head. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-143
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age