Adam Cooper and Stephanie Cooper v. Nancy Jean Garvin
J - Sanders; PA - George L. Partain
* The plaintiffs are requesting judgment in the amount of $100,000 following a traffic accident that occurred on April 9, 2007, on W.Va. 9, involving themselves and the defendant.
Case number: 09-C-118
Thomas Cokely and Linda Rippeon v. Jefferson County Animal Control
J - Sanders; PA- Pro se
* The plaintiffs filed a complaint requesting that a Thai Ridgeback male dog named Justice not be euthanized. The complaint seeks the court to restrain and prevent the dog from death by the Jefferson County Animal Control and to be returned to the owner following the 10-day quarantine period. The Plaintiffs were told that the dog would be euthanized on April 8. On March 29, at a time of extreme mental stress, Animal Control obtained signed documents from Linda Rippeon, releasing the dog to the personnel. The content of the forms was mis-represented according to the plaintiffs, who say they were told to sign the forms and call with a final decision. The Plaintiff was under the impression the dog would be returned to them. The defendant contradicted its previous conversation and did not release the dog.
Case number: 09-C-124
Henry Goss Jr. v. Tap House Inc. and John Does 1-6
J - Sanders; PA - Stephen Skinner
* Goss was an invitee of the Tap House on July 3, 2008, where he met some friends. While there, the defendant John Does assaulted, battered and injured him in his eye, face and head. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-143
- Marmet citizens file petition to remove mayor from office
- West Virginia committed to combating substance abuse
- A letter to Secretary Kerry
- Morrisey warns of credit, debit chip card email scam
- AG's office urges caution with online holiday shopping
- SDW Electric sued for allegedly unpaid debts
- Workers accuse Republic Energy of firing over safety complaints, age
- Beckley HVAC firm seeks restitution from Norco Construction for unpaid bills
- Repo man seeks possession of final paycheck
- Woman accuses Marion Co. Coal of discrimination, retaliation