Gina Brunicardi v. The Kroger Company
P.A. - Ginny Conley; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained after slipping on the floor at the defendant's store on East 7th Street in Parkersburg. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-268
Vicki D. Knight v. Jeffrey A. Bosley and Southbridge, LLC
P.A. - Bruce M. White; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained on Oct. 18, 2007 after falling on an uncarpeted wooden step at the Camelot Apartments in Parkersburg. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-269
Claywood Park Public Service District v. John E. and Sharon J. Dickel
P.A. - Aaron Boone; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is seeking a court order condemning a portion of the defendant's property for the purpose of creating a right-of-way for a sewer line. The estimated fair-market value of the easement is $4,900.
Case number: 09-C-272
Claywood Park Public Service District v. Kathleen, Brian M. and Brooks A. Morton
P.A. - Aaron Boone; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is seeking a court order condemning a portion of the defendant's property for the purpose of creating a right-of-way for a sewer line. The estimated fair-market value of the easement is $900.
Case number: 09-C-273
North Coast Commercial Roofing Systems, Inc. v. The Singer Sheet Metal Company
P.A. - Steven M. Bratke; J - Beane
* The plaintiff, a Twinsburg, Ohio business, is suing the defendant, a Parkersburg business, for failing to pay for goods and services provided. In addition to judgment for the outstanding balance, $195,717.41, they are seeking fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-274
Taxi Leasing Ltd and S.D. Heckert v. General Motors Corporation
P.A. - John N. Ellem; J- not yet assigned
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendant for breach of warranty following numerous defects discovered in a 2004 GMC 4500 truck purchased on March 24, 2004. They are seeking unspecified damages, fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-283
Barbara G. Arnold v. the estate of B. Robert Blair, through its administrator, Robert Van Blair, Lynn Scullion Blair, O.D., Robert Van Blair, M.D., individually, and Jon H. Blair
P.A. - Drew Capuder; J - Beane
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants for breach of contract when they reneged on an agreement following Blair's death on June 15 to deed her the home she and Blair shared on Fairview Heights for 18 years. In addition to unspecified damages, she is seeking declaratory judgment concerning her interest in the property, and a constructive trust to accomplish its transfer. A preliminary injunction allowing Arnold to remain in the home was granted on May 26.
Case number: 09-C-285
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan