Donna Murray, individually and as natural parent and guardian of Nathaniel Hatten v. Clifton F. Smith
PA- D. Scott Bellomy; J- Darrell Pratt
* On Aug. 15, 2007, Murray was driving her vehicle on Interstate 64 when she claims her vehicle became disabled due to a malfunction and Smith rear-ended her. According to the suit, Smith failed to maintain control of his vehicle when he rear ended Murray, causing Hatten, the infant son of Murray, severe and permanent injuries. Murray is suing for her and Hatten's pain, discomfort, loss of mobility and mental anguish, incurred medical bills and capacity to enjoy, experience and live a natural productive life.
Case number: 09-C-136
Yvonne Brumfield v. Ruby Alene Carter
PA-D. Scott Bellomy; J- James H. Young Jr.
* On Aug. 9, 2007, Brumfield was driving her vehicle on W.Va. 152 near Echo when Carter allegedly pulled out of Joel's Branch Road without having the right of way and struck Brumfield's vehicle, causing severe and permanent injuries to Brumfield. An accident report was completed by Corporal S.A. Maynard of the Wayne County Sheriff's Department, concluding Carter was negligent in the operation of her vehicle and she did not have the right of way. Brumfield is suing for compensatory damages of $4,836.40 in medical expenses.
Case number: 09-C-0137
Rose Devaney v. Timothy Gatwood
PA- Timothy P. Rosinsky; J- Darrell Pratt
* On Oct. 2, 2008, at around 3:30 a.m. Gatwood drove a 1996 Chevrolet 1500 pickup truck into the front of Devaney's home. According to the suit, Gatwood was under the influence of alcohol and was issued a citation at the scene. Devaney claims the impact caused significant damage to her home and Gatwood failed to repair the same or otherwise compensate her for the damage done to her property. Devaney is suing for compensatory damages in regard to property damage and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-140
- Ohio Co. judge OKs $18 million settlement in wrongful death lawsuit
- Calif. governor says Morrisey, Texas AG grandstanding on climate issue
- McDowell County woman alleges Tungste-Met terminated her job because of disability
- Ritchie Petroleum, Jay-Bee Oil and Gas sued over trespassing claims
- Direct Energy Business seeks payment for gas deliveries
- Jefferds alleges L & L Concrete Construction owes sum for services
- Former employee alleges Renal Ventures Management violated her rights after termination
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods