CHARLESTON -- The State Law Library will present a free educational workshop on the West Virginia Crime Victims Compensation Fund at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 26.
Trish Webster, Community Liaison and Outreach Administrator of the Fund, will discuss the system that gives certain compensation and medical benefits to victims of crime. She will explain who may file a claim and how monetary compensation is paid.
The workshop will be held in the State Capitol Complex, Building 1, East Wing, Room E-404. Metered parking is available on California Avenue, behind the Culture Center, and near the parking garage off Piedmont Road. Parking is free after 5 p.m.
The workshop is free and open to the public. No registration is required. For information, call Sara Thompson at (304) 558-2607.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall