CHARLESTON -- The State Law Library will present a free educational workshop on the West Virginia Crime Victims Compensation Fund at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 26.
Trish Webster, Community Liaison and Outreach Administrator of the Fund, will discuss the system that gives certain compensation and medical benefits to victims of crime. She will explain who may file a claim and how monetary compensation is paid.
The workshop will be held in the State Capitol Complex, Building 1, East Wing, Room E-404. Metered parking is available on California Avenue, behind the Culture Center, and near the parking garage off Piedmont Road. Parking is free after 5 p.m.
The workshop is free and open to the public. No registration is required. For information, call Sara Thompson at (304) 558-2607.
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note
- Forums allow a chance to interact with Business Court
- Justices say injury was not caused by accident at work