Barbara Kennedy vs. Speedway SuperAmerica LLC
PA - Jon D. Hoover; J - Spaulding
*The plaintiff, a Hurricane resident, is suing the defendant, an Enon, Ohio-based company, for injuries she sustained from a fall at the defendant's location on U.S. 60 in Hurricane on Nov. 20, 2007. She is seeking unspecified damages, court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-506
First American Title Insurance Company vs. Alexander J. Ross
PA - Howard J. Schulberg; J - Spaulding
*The plaintiff is suing the defendant, a Hurricane attorney, for underinsuring a title search on .6 acre parcel on W. Va. 19 in Hurricane thus causing a claim against the plaintiff by the property's new owners when it was discovered .2 acre had been conveyed to the state of West Virginia in 1958. They are seeking unspecified damages, court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-507
Dorothy Bailes, personal representative of the estate of Huston Bailes, deceased vs. Monsanto Company, Pharmacia Corporation, Flexsys America Company, Flexsys America LP, Apogee Coal Co. LLC and Solutia Inc.
PA - David Carriger; J - Spaulding
* The plaintiff claims Monsanto and its successors caused cancer by exposure to dioxins/furans contamination of the air and property in and around Nitro because of their waste disposal practices. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-508
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan