Barbara Kennedy vs. Speedway SuperAmerica LLC
PA - Jon D. Hoover; J - Spaulding
*The plaintiff, a Hurricane resident, is suing the defendant, an Enon, Ohio-based company, for injuries she sustained from a fall at the defendant's location on U.S. 60 in Hurricane on Nov. 20, 2007. She is seeking unspecified damages, court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-506
First American Title Insurance Company vs. Alexander J. Ross
PA - Howard J. Schulberg; J - Spaulding
*The plaintiff is suing the defendant, a Hurricane attorney, for underinsuring a title search on .6 acre parcel on W. Va. 19 in Hurricane thus causing a claim against the plaintiff by the property's new owners when it was discovered .2 acre had been conveyed to the state of West Virginia in 1958. They are seeking unspecified damages, court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-507
Dorothy Bailes, personal representative of the estate of Huston Bailes, deceased vs. Monsanto Company, Pharmacia Corporation, Flexsys America Company, Flexsys America LP, Apogee Coal Co. LLC and Solutia Inc.
PA - David Carriger; J - Spaulding
* The plaintiff claims Monsanto and its successors caused cancer by exposure to dioxins/furans contamination of the air and property in and around Nitro because of their waste disposal practices. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-508
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall