Summit Community Bank vs. John E. Petry and Kanette L. Petry
PA - Tracey Rohrbaugh; J - Silver
* The plaintiff claims the defendants owe at least $45,112.22 plus interest after defaulting on the terms of a promissory note from Dec. 28, 2004, and after the defendants' real estate property was sold at foreclosure on May 19, 2009.
Case number: 09-C-989
CitiMortgage Inc. vs. Leonard A. Thomas III
PA - Edna Coulter; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims Thomas owes at least $55,691.86 plus interest in accordance with a past-due account.
Case number: 09-C-990
American Alternative Insurance Corp. vs. Ford Motor Co.; King Hagerstown Motors LLC d/b/a Hagerstown Ford; and Kent, Parsons, Ford Inc.
PA - Ryan Marsteller; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff, as subrogee of Berkeley County Public Service Sewer District, claims that a Ford F550 truck owned by the Sewer District was parked in a five-vehicle garage and caught fire on Dec. 11, 2007, causing substantial damages. The plaintiff claims the truck was purchased from and serviced by the defendants, and their negligence or carelessness caused problems with the truck, specifically with the batteries, battery cables and electrical system. The plaintiff is seeking at least $327,619.75 and other relief.
Case number: 09-C-996
Branch Banking & Trust Co. vs. Retta Sims
PA - Christopher Moore; J - Silver
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $26,169.68 plus interest after defaulting on the terms of a credit agreement.
Case number: 09-C-998
FIA Card Services NA vs. Kylene M. Long
PA - Paul Atkins; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $25,219.23 plus interest on a past-due account.
Case number: 09-C-1006