Stephen Taylor v Burger King, Karen Bishop and Shannon Freshcorn
PA-David Grunau; J-NA
* While employed by the Burger King in Sabraton, Taylor alleges he was physically and sexually harassed and groped by his immediate supervisor Shannon Freshcorn. Taylor reported the harassment and direct sexual propositions to the store's assistant manager and district manager, but claims they did nothing to address the sexual harassment of Taylor. Claiming the work environment was unbearable, Taylor quit his job. He is seeking punitive and compensatory damages, attorney fees and lost income.
Case number: 10-C-92
Tristan Hicks v Sean Steven Wirth
PA-Janet Preston; J-NA
* In March 2008, Hicks sustained injuries when the vehicle in which Wirth was driving left the road and struck Hicks as he was walking on the sidewalk adjacent to Willey Street. Hicks claims Wirth was intoxicated at the time of the incident and alleges he visited various bars and taverns prior to the accident, one of which was Mario's Fishbowl where Wirth had worked earlier on the day of the accident. Hicks is seeking judgment for punitive damages, pre and post judgment interest, and costs.
Case number: 10-C-93
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Couple accuse General Motors of selling defective truck
- Landowners cite breach of contract against CLS Group over mineral leases
- Woman accuses Family Dollar of retaliatory discharge
- Nursing home faces suit alleging wrongful death
- Man says he was injured by Jefferson High teacher at school
- Man sues R&R Operations, others for injuries from fall
- Delbarton man accuses Williamson Memorial of HIPAA violations
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan