This Just In
Christopher J. Withrow vs. Jerry E. and Fay E. Raisanen
PA- Kennard L. Skeen II; J- Nibert
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for injuries he sustained in a car wreck with the defendants along W. Va. 62 on April 12, 2008. He is seeking $100,000 in damages plus recovery of $10,000 in medical bills.
Case number: 10-C-45
Jane Doe vs. the city of Ripley and Denver Thomas
PA -Kathy Brown and Jim Lees; J- Nibert
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for civil rights violations when Thomas, while working as a city police officer, lured her to his home on April 17, 2008, to have sex with him. The plaintiff, who was working with Thomas as a confidential informant, went to his home believing they would be talking about a case. She seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 10-C-50
Lewis and Patricia Robertson vs. Robert J. Randolph and Randolph Properties, LLC
PA- Jonathan R. Mani; J- Evans
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for breach of contract in failing to construct their home to specifications. They seeking judgment in the amount of $145,000, the amount they paid for the home, plus fair market value of all repairs, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-54
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination