CHARLESTON -- A Putnam County woman is suing National Dentex Corporation and her former supervisor for wrongful termination of employment.
Joyce M. Baber was employed by National Dentex Corporation as an administrator, according to a complaint filed June 3 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Christopher S. White was Baber's supervisor, according to the suit.
On March 17, Baber claims her employment was terminated without cause and in violation of National Dentex Corporation's employment handbook and other policies, including breach of its own disciplinary and termination procedures.
Baber claims after discharging her, National Dentex Corporation promoted Peggy Lamb to fill her position as administrator. Baber claims that for several months prior to her discharge, White had a personal and intimate relationship with Lamb.
The defendants are liable to Baber for sexual harassment and creating a hostile work environment under the West Virginia Human Rights Act, according to the suit.
As a result of the defendants' actions, Baber has sustained pain and suffering; lost future earnings; impairment of earning capacity; emotional and mental anguish; and humiliation and embarrassment, according to the suit.
Baber is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Fred F. Holroyd.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 10-C-997
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan