Huntington National Bank vs. West Run Student Housing Associates
PA-David M. Thomas; J-NA
* Huntington Bank agreed to make a construction loan of $39,975,000 to West Run Student Housing Associates. A deed of trust was issued to Huntington for the loan amount. West Run Student associates was to make twenty two monthly payments. They defaulted on the payments due for the months of December 2009 and January thru May 2010. They also failed to make a mandatory principal reduction payment of $15,895,00 as required by the loan agreement and failed to discharge the liens against the trust property. As of Oct. 5, principal balance, accrued and unpaid interest is $41,451,392.60. Huntington Bank seeks judgment in that amount, with interest of $7,491.21 per day, attorney fees and court costs. They also seek to compel West Run Student Housing Associates to grant access to the trust property to inspect and obtain business records to preserve and protect their security.
Case number: 10-C-722
Terrie L. Field vs. Monongalia General Hospital and Monongalia Health System.
PA-Drew M. Capuder; J-NA
* Field seeks judgment against Monongalia General and Monongalia Health System for wrongful termination. Working as an RN in the infusion unit of the hospital, Fields claims she was discharged after complaining of inadequate nurse staffing in the unit which cared for seriously ill patients, which often included patients receiving chemotherapy, and for inadequate and malfunctioning equipment to safely care for patients. Fields is seeking judgment for money damages, adverse tax consequences, attorney fees and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-734
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note