CHARLESTON -- West Virginia Attorney General Darrell McGraw has announced the appointment of businesswoman Amy Nickerson of Wellsburg as a new Consumer Protection Representative for the state's Northern Panhandle.
"Speaking with the people of our northern counties, I'm aware that they sometimes feel isolated from their state government down in Charleston," McGraw said in a press release. "Amy Nickerson's selection to represent consumers in the Northern Panhandle furthers my office's commitment to serving the consumer protection needs of the whole state."
A graduate of West Virginia University's School of Social Work, Nickerson is a small business owner who has operated Pier 12 Restaurant and Marina in Wellsburg since 1998 with her husband Jason, with whom she has a daughter. Her work with the Appointment Panel for the Wellsburg City Manager, the Chamber of Commerce, and Wheeling Children's Home has given her more than 10 years of experience with community involvement.
Nickerson will represent Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, Wetzel, and Tyler counties for the Attorney General's Office. Consumers there will be able to contact her for consumer information as well as assistance in filing complaints or to alert the AGO to unfair or deceptive business practices. Nickerson adds that she will hold regular consumer sessions at county courthouses, senior centers, post offices, and special events in the area.
"Attorney General McGraw has hired me to advocate for and assist the consumers of West Virginia's Northern Panhandle on issues of fraud both large and small," Nickerson said in the release. "Please contact me if you believe you've been a victim of a rip-off or scam or have consumer issues you'd like to discuss."
For consumer matters, residents of the Northern Panhandle can contact Nickerson at 304-543-8457 or through McGraw's toll-free Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-368-8808.
- West Virginia committed to combatting substance abuse
- A letter to Secretary Kerry
- Morrisey warns of credit, debit chip card email scam
- AG's office urges caution with online holiday shopping
- SDW Electric sued for allegedly unpaid debts
- Workers accuse Republic Energy of firing over safety complaints, age
- Beckley HVAC firm seeks restitution from Norco Construction for unpaid bills
- Repo man seeks possession of final paycheck
- Woman accuses Marion Co. Coal of discrimination, retaliation
- A&R Logistics says Kenworth truck caused fire damage