Steven M. Campbell, administrator and personal representative of the Estate of Linda L. Campbell vs. Daniel Lee Smith, M.D.; and Charleston Area Medical Center, Inc.
PA- W. Stuart Calwell, Melissa H. Luce; J- James C. Stucky
* On Jan. 3, 2009, Mrs. Campbell presented to CAMC complaining of severe and chronic chest pain and arm pain. Mr. Campbell claims the defendant negligently diagnosed Mrs. Campbell with bronchitis and arm pain and sent her home. Mrs. Campbell died the following day. Mr. Campbell is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-2156
David Myers vs. Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. and Brian Semenie
PA- Todd Bailess; J- Carrie Webster
* Myers was employed by the defendants. He claims he was unlawfully discharged for expressing concern about illegal distribution of drug samples. He also claims the defendant failed to pay wages within 72 hours. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-2157
Christopher Kessler and Sherri Kessler vs. Marriott International
PA- Steven T. Taylor; J- James C. Stucky
* On Jan. 20, Kessler was a guest at the hotel. He claims the wait staff negligently placed a serving tray against the wall in the hallway, which slid down the wall onto the carpet. Mr. Kessler claims he did not see the tray and stepped onto it. The tray "became a ski, causing plaintiff to slide and fall to the floor," according to the suit. The couple is seeking compensatory damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-2159
Frieda Forsley vs. Management and Training Corp. and Beverly Williams
PA- Shannon M. Bland; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Forsley was employed by the defendant. She claims the defendant discriminated against her because of her gender and age. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-2161
Jessica Walton vs. the Kanawha County Board of Education and Stephen Martin, individually and in his capacity as an agent or employee of the Kanawha County Board of Education
PA- Mark McMillian; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Walton was a student at Nitro High School. On Sept. 30, 2008, she claims she was transported by bus by Martin between Nitro High School and the Ben Franklin Vocational Center. She claims Martin "used a technique commonly referred to as a brake check to control, get the attention of, or discipline students aboard buses he was operating." Walton claims when Martin did this she was thrown forward and injured. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-2181
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age