Janice I. Dodson vs. William F. Robie Jr., and Forest Heights Inc., defendants, and Berkeley County Planning Commission, notice defendant
PA - Joseph Caltrider; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendants Robie and Forest Heights acted fraudulently and in bad faith during real estate dealings, and she is seeking at least $750,000 for unpaid balances, as well as general damages and other relief.
Case number: 11-C-85
Kenneth Lemaster, sheriff of Berkeley County, vs. Gregory R. Ahalt, J. Edward Slonaker and Charles Eversole, as commissioners of the Berkeley County Deputy Sheriffs' Civil Service Commission
PA - John Teare Jr.; J - Wilkes
* The petitioner seeks the court to issue a writ of prohibition against the Civil Service Commission to prohibit it from enforcing its order from Jan. 5, 2001. Lemaster claims the commission acted beyond its lawful jurisdiction by adopting and/or enforcing procedures for formulating deputy sheriff promotions.
Case number: 11-C-92
Golden Eagle Security LLC vs. Vernon Holmes Jr., Thru Christ Enterprises LLC and All Saints Protective Investigative & Security Training Services LLC; and Waffle House Inc.
PA - W. Richard McCune Jr.; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendants breached an agreement from Dec. 3, 2010, and now owe at least $59,913.00 after failing to pay for security services.
Case number: 11-C-103
Winchester Medical Center vs. Bruce May
PA - Christopher McCarthy; J - Groh
* The hospital claims May owes at least $32,407.80 plus $2,094.49 interest for medical services and supplies provided to him in 2010.
Case number: 11-C-109
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December