Sven and Lisa Verlinden vs. Calvery Baptist Church, Culton Construction, City of Morgantown, Morgantown Utility Board and Roto Rooter
PA-Mark Gaydos; J-NA
* The Verlindens purchased a home from Culton Construction which was adjacent to the Calvary Baptist Church. The church built a stormwater drainage pond for water run off in their recently paved parking lot. The Verlindens claim the pond was inadequate and caused run off into the city's stormwater system which resulted in flooding of the Verlinden's property. They are seeking judgment, jointly and severally for damages.
Case number: 11-C-523
Kenneth Umble vs. John Christie
PA-Kevin Tipton; J-NA
* While working for Schindler Elevator, Umble was inspecting and working on the elevator at Christe's place of business. As Umble was climbing on the ladder in the elevator shaft, the anchors used to secure the ladder to the wall pulled loose that resulted in Umble falling several feet into the elevator shaft. He is seeking judgment for punitive damages, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 11-C-581
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Couple accuse General Motors of selling defective truck
- Landowners cite breach of contract against CLS Group over mineral leases
- Woman accuses Family Dollar of retaliatory discharge
- Nursing home faces suit alleging wrongful death
- Man says he was injured by Jefferson High teacher at school
- Man sues R&R Operations, others for injuries from fall
- Delbarton man accuses Williamson Memorial of HIPAA violations
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan