Sven and Lisa Verlinden vs. Calvery Baptist Church, Culton Construction, City of Morgantown, Morgantown Utility Board and Roto Rooter
PA-Mark Gaydos; J-NA
* The Verlindens purchased a home from Culton Construction which was adjacent to the Calvary Baptist Church. The church built a stormwater drainage pond for water run off in their recently paved parking lot. The Verlindens claim the pond was inadequate and caused run off into the city's stormwater system which resulted in flooding of the Verlinden's property. They are seeking judgment, jointly and severally for damages.
Case number: 11-C-523
Kenneth Umble vs. John Christie
PA-Kevin Tipton; J-NA
* While working for Schindler Elevator, Umble was inspecting and working on the elevator at Christe's place of business. As Umble was climbing on the ladder in the elevator shaft, the anchors used to secure the ladder to the wall pulled loose that resulted in Umble falling several feet into the elevator shaft. He is seeking judgment for punitive damages, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 11-C-581
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit