William Kirk, a minor by and through his parent and next friend, Bobbie Hague vs. GEICO Insurance Co.
PA-pro se; J-Thompson
* Thompson set Jan. 9 to appoint a guardian ad litem for 13-year-old Kirk and approve his personal injury claim. Boy was a passenger in car owned and driven by Samantha Hague last May when an unknown vehicle approached in her lane from the front, causing her to lose control and the vehicle to flip. Kirk was flown to a Charleston hospital and admitted with head injuries for four days. Total medical expenses were $73,766. GEICO, Samantha Hague's insurer, offered gross settlement of $20,000 and another $20,000 under Bobbie Hague's uninsured motorist coverage. Charleston attorney Joseph T. Cramer represents GEICO.
Case number: 11-C-226
Wesley M. Henderson vs. Mountaineer Labor Solutions, LLC; Mountaineer Labor Services, LLC, and Conveying Solutions, LLC
PA- Guy R. Bucci; J- Thompson
* Henderson, a Bloomingrose resident, complains unsafe working conditions where a mining conveyor belt winder was operating in Charleston caused his hand to be caught by a moving part in December 2009. Citing "unguarded pinch points, moving parts and entrapment zones," Henderson says his right arm was fed into the machine until another worker shut it off. He suffered a radial and ulnar shaft fracture and puncture on the dorsum of his radius at the mid-dorsal left forearm level. He seeks past, present, future and punitive damages totaling an amount determined by a jury, plus attorney fees and pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-229
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan