William Kirk, a minor by and through his parent and next friend, Bobbie Hague vs. GEICO Insurance Co.
PA-pro se; J-Thompson
* Thompson set Jan. 9 to appoint a guardian ad litem for 13-year-old Kirk and approve his personal injury claim. Boy was a passenger in car owned and driven by Samantha Hague last May when an unknown vehicle approached in her lane from the front, causing her to lose control and the vehicle to flip. Kirk was flown to a Charleston hospital and admitted with head injuries for four days. Total medical expenses were $73,766. GEICO, Samantha Hague's insurer, offered gross settlement of $20,000 and another $20,000 under Bobbie Hague's uninsured motorist coverage. Charleston attorney Joseph T. Cramer represents GEICO.
Case number: 11-C-226
Wesley M. Henderson vs. Mountaineer Labor Solutions, LLC; Mountaineer Labor Services, LLC, and Conveying Solutions, LLC
PA- Guy R. Bucci; J- Thompson
* Henderson, a Bloomingrose resident, complains unsafe working conditions where a mining conveyor belt winder was operating in Charleston caused his hand to be caught by a moving part in December 2009. Citing "unguarded pinch points, moving parts and entrapment zones," Henderson says his right arm was fed into the machine until another worker shut it off. He suffered a radial and ulnar shaft fracture and puncture on the dorsum of his radius at the mid-dorsal left forearm level. He seeks past, present, future and punitive damages totaling an amount determined by a jury, plus attorney fees and pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-229
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him