Family sues Stork Craft Manufacturing for injuries
MOUNDSVILLE -- A family is suing Stork Craft Manufacturing after a defective crib injured an infant.
Wal-mart Stores, Inc.; Wal-mart Stores East, LP; Eagle, LTD; John Doe(s) Manufacturer/Distributor/Wholesaler were also named as defendants in the suit.
Brian Means and Samantha means purchased a Stork Craft baby crib for their child, Camden Means, according to a complaint filed Dec. 12 in Marshall Circuit Court.
The couple claims on Dec. 12, 2009, the crib caused injuries to Camden Means when it broke and caused the infant to become lodged between the crib and an electrical baseboard heating element.
Camden means sustained serious burns and other injuries because of the broken crib, according to the suit.
The defendants breached their express and/or implied warranties by not keeping the crib in a reasonably safe haven for the infant, according to the suit.
The Meanses claim the crib was defective and its structural integrity was compromised and/or made unsafe as a result of the defective instructions provided by the defendants.
The defendants failed to provide reasonable warnings and/or instructions as to the dangers of the crib, according to the suit.
The Meanses are seeking compensatory and punitive damages. They are being represented by Shane M. Mallett and Jacob M. Robinson.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David W. Hummel Jr.
Marshall Circuit Court case number: 11-C-212
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December