Joseph A. VanRensselaer and Mandy R. King vs. HSBC Bank Nevada, NA
PA-Sarah Hinkle; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims defendant violated West Virginia Consumer Credit & Protection Act. Seeks up to $74,999.99.
Case number: 12-C-32
Charles H. Lucas vs. Eastern Regional Jail
PA-Pro Se; J-Gina Groh
* Plaintiff claims that while an inmate of ERJ he was the recipient of physical abuse. Plaintiff seeks $50 million for ERJ's failure to provide protection from violence, failure to provide medical care and discrimination.
Case number: 12-C-34
Pam McDonald vs. United Way of Eastern Panhandle d/b/a Healthy Smiles of Eastern Panhandle and Dana Wright, DDS
PA-Barry J. Nace; J-Gina Groh
* Plaintiff claims that on or about June 26, 2009, she visited Mission of Mercy Dental Clinic at Hedgesville High School. On Oct. 9, 2009, she was diagnosed with hepatitis B. Plaintiff claims medical negligence at the MOM clinic resulting in the medical diagnosis. Plaintiff seeks judgment to be awarded at trial.
Case number: 12-C-37
Kevin Pittsnogle vs. Kenneth L. Ford
PA: Christopher D. Janelle; J-Gray Silver, III
* Plaintiff claims he hired defendant as his attorney in a paternity suit but that defendant did not complete the work. Plaintiff claims breach of contract, negligence, attorney malpractice and fraud. Plaintiff seeks damages to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-39
Joseph Friend vs. ReMac America, Inc., a Md. Corporation
PA: Paula Wilson; J-Gina Groh
* Plaintiff claims defendant was negligent in providing a safe work environment. In March 2010, plaintiff claims he was injured due to unsafe and hazard work conditions. Plaintiff claims gross negligence and that defendant did not comply with OSHA regulations. Plaintiff seeking compensatory damages and other fees to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-40
Helen M. Johnson vs. Mountain State University and Charles H. Polk
PA: Harry Waddell; J-Gina Groh
* Plaintiff claims she was terminated from Mountain State University because she gave testimony to a state agency. Plaintiff claims defendant acted with malice and/or conscious disregard for legal rights of the plaintiff. Plaintiff seeks damages, lost earnings and other judgments to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-43
David Schultz and Gabrielle Schultz vs. Dan Ryan Builders, Inc.
PA: Kirk Bottner; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims an defendant installed an illegal septic system and used substandard concrete in construction. Platinff claims negligence, gross negligence, willful, wanton and reckless misconduct as well as breach of contract. Plaintiff seeks compensatory and punitive damages to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-46
Rachel Holding Corporation vs. Wendy M. Shank
PA: Richard McGervey; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims defendant owes $25,330.33 for past due credit agreement.
Case number: 12-C-53
Rachel Holding Corporation vs. James A. Ray
PA: Richard McGervey; J-Gray Silver, III
* Plainitiff claims defendant owes $29,550.20 for past due credit agreement.
Case number: 12-C-54
Joseph A. VanRennselaer and Mandy King vs. NCO Group, Inc.
PA: Sarah L. Hinkle; J-Gray Silver, III
* Plaintiff claims defendant violated the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act. Plaintiff seeks up to $74,999.99.
Case number: 12-C-57
Scott Cullen vs. Charles Davidson
PA: Lawrence M. Schultz; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims defendant struck plaintiff's car with his vehicle in January 2010. Plaintiff claims he suffered a heart attack as a result of the misconduct and gross negligence of defendant. Plaintiff seeks $127,000 in medical fees and other judgment to be awarded at trial.
Case number: 12-C-59
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall