Phillip Alig, Sara J. Alig, Roxanne Shea and Daniel V. Shea vs. Quicken Loans Inc. and Title Source, Inc. et al.
PA- James G. Bordas; Jason E. Causey; J- Gaughan
* This action seeks monetary restitution arising from defendant's predatory lending practices. In late 2007, Quicken solicited the Aligs to refinance their existing mortgage loan with the assigned appraisal value of $125,500. Alig's property had a market value of $99,500, and they were charged $260 for a contaminated appraisal. Plaintiffs seek punitive and compensatory damages for this class action suit.
Case number: 11-C-428; 11-C-430
Jonathan Grandstaff vs. Sheetz, Inc.
PA- Gail W. Kahle; J- Wilson
* After purchasing items at defendant's store, plaintiff was attacked and brutally beaten by a group of individuals who had also just left the store. Prior to this incident, on Jan. 1, 2010, this particular Sheetz store had been the site of numerous attacks and assaults. Grandstaff claims entitlement to recover punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-429
Julia Anne Payne vs. Don Junksins, Recorder of the Village of Bethlehem and The Village of Bethlehem
PA- Martin P. Sheehan; J- Gaughan
* On June 2, 2011, plaintiff sought to pay B&O taxes to the Village as a result of income received from conducting yoga classes in her home. She was advised, by letter, that she was not in Zoning Code compliance applicable to her residence. Subsequently, by additional letter dated Nov. 22, 2011, Payne was advised to cease all Yoga classes. A writ of prohibition against defendants is sought with other relief.
Case number: 12-C-4
Naryn Denise Partezana vs. Wheeling Island Gaming Inc.
PA- John T. Hofrichter; J- Wilson
* On June 3, 2011, plaintiff was engaged in riding an escalator within defendant's premises. While standing stationary on the escalator, she fell and was carried to the bottom, without it stopping or shutting down. Failure to adequately inspect the condition of said escalator is cause for compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-9
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age