Phillip Alig, Sara J. Alig, Roxanne Shea and Daniel V. Shea vs. Quicken Loans Inc. and Title Source, Inc. et al.
PA- James G. Bordas; Jason E. Causey; J- Gaughan
* This action seeks monetary restitution arising from defendant's predatory lending practices. In late 2007, Quicken solicited the Aligs to refinance their existing mortgage loan with the assigned appraisal value of $125,500. Alig's property had a market value of $99,500, and they were charged $260 for a contaminated appraisal. Plaintiffs seek punitive and compensatory damages for this class action suit.
Case number: 11-C-428; 11-C-430
Jonathan Grandstaff vs. Sheetz, Inc.
PA- Gail W. Kahle; J- Wilson
* After purchasing items at defendant's store, plaintiff was attacked and brutally beaten by a group of individuals who had also just left the store. Prior to this incident, on Jan. 1, 2010, this particular Sheetz store had been the site of numerous attacks and assaults. Grandstaff claims entitlement to recover punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-429
Julia Anne Payne vs. Don Junksins, Recorder of the Village of Bethlehem and The Village of Bethlehem
PA- Martin P. Sheehan; J- Gaughan
* On June 2, 2011, plaintiff sought to pay B&O taxes to the Village as a result of income received from conducting yoga classes in her home. She was advised, by letter, that she was not in Zoning Code compliance applicable to her residence. Subsequently, by additional letter dated Nov. 22, 2011, Payne was advised to cease all Yoga classes. A writ of prohibition against defendants is sought with other relief.
Case number: 12-C-4
Naryn Denise Partezana vs. Wheeling Island Gaming Inc.
PA- John T. Hofrichter; J- Wilson
* On June 3, 2011, plaintiff was engaged in riding an escalator within defendant's premises. While standing stationary on the escalator, she fell and was carried to the bottom, without it stopping or shutting down. Failure to adequately inspect the condition of said escalator is cause for compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-9
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection