Jefferson Security Bank vs. Edward C. Gunneau, III
PA-Timothy D. Helman; J-Gina Groh
* Plaintiff claims defendant owes $87,205.56 for past due credit agreement.
Case number: 12-C-70
Boyd Faircloth vs. Tony M. Elliott
PA-Laura V. Faircloth; J-Gina Groh
* Plaintiff claims he was attached by pit bull dog at the defendant's home when he delivered something there. Homeowner's insurance denied claim based on animal liability clause. Plaintiff seeks declaratory judgment that certain animal liability exclusion sections of approved West Virginia homeowners policies are violating public safety with regard to innocent people. Plaintiff seeks judgment, fees and costs.
Case number: 12-C-73
Joseph A. Vanrennselaera and Mandy R. King vs. META Financial Group d/b/a METABANK
PA-Sarah Hinkle; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act. Plaintiff seeks up to $74,999.99.
Case number: 12-C-77
Mischelle Holohan vs. JCPenney Corp., Inc., ABC Retail; Enerco Group Inc. & its subsidiaries; Mr. Heater Corp. and John Doe Manufacturer of Use-It Pajamas
PA: F. Samuel Byrer; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims on or near February 2010 she purchased pajamas that were unsafe. The pajamas caught fire due to heat from a tank top propane heater manufactured by Mr. Heater that was allegedly defective. Plaintiff sustained permanent injuries. Plaintiff seeks compensatory and punitive damages to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-80
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Forums allow a chance to interact with Business Court
- Justices say injury was not caused by accident at work
- State Supreme Court affirms Office of Judges decision
- Walker shares her conservative vision for state Supreme Court