Jefferson Security Bank vs. Edward C. Gunneau, III
PA-Timothy D. Helman; J-Gina Groh
* Plaintiff claims defendant owes $87,205.56 for past due credit agreement.
Case number: 12-C-70
Boyd Faircloth vs. Tony M. Elliott
PA-Laura V. Faircloth; J-Gina Groh
* Plaintiff claims he was attached by pit bull dog at the defendant's home when he delivered something there. Homeowner's insurance denied claim based on animal liability clause. Plaintiff seeks declaratory judgment that certain animal liability exclusion sections of approved West Virginia homeowners policies are violating public safety with regard to innocent people. Plaintiff seeks judgment, fees and costs.
Case number: 12-C-73
Joseph A. Vanrennselaera and Mandy R. King vs. META Financial Group d/b/a METABANK
PA-Sarah Hinkle; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act. Plaintiff seeks up to $74,999.99.
Case number: 12-C-77
Mischelle Holohan vs. JCPenney Corp., Inc., ABC Retail; Enerco Group Inc. & its subsidiaries; Mr. Heater Corp. and John Doe Manufacturer of Use-It Pajamas
PA: F. Samuel Byrer; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims on or near February 2010 she purchased pajamas that were unsafe. The pajamas caught fire due to heat from a tank top propane heater manufactured by Mr. Heater that was allegedly defective. Plaintiff sustained permanent injuries. Plaintiff seeks compensatory and punitive damages to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-80
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit