Leah R. Chappell, as the administratrix of the estates of Jackie Lee Westfall and Ruth Jeanette Westfall vs. Hershel Westfall, Cody Westfall, Jessica Westfall, Thomas Westfall, Westbanco Bank, Inc. and John Dorsey, trustee
PA – Lean R. Chappell; J – Evans
* The plaintiff, a Ripley attorney, is asking the court to both sell land jointly owned by Ruth and Jackie prior to their murder-suicide on Jan. 19, 2011, to pay a minimum of $26,213.27 in debts incurred by the Westfalls prior to their deaths, and remove their adult child, Hershel from the property after he began residing there in June. Additionally, Chappell seeks appointment of a guardian ad litem for the Westfall's two minor children, Jessica and Thomas, and a special commissioner to compile a report of all liens and general claims against the estates.
Case number: 12-C-26
First National Bank of Omaha vs. Dana R. Knapp, Jr.
PA – Andrew N. Frye III; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for defaulting in credit card payments. It seeks judgment in the amount of the outstanding balance of $22,146.02 plus interest of 29.99 percent as of Nov. 2.
Case number: 12-C-32
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall