Leah R. Chappell, as the administratrix of the estates of Jackie Lee Westfall and Ruth Jeanette Westfall vs. Hershel Westfall, Cody Westfall, Jessica Westfall, Thomas Westfall, Westbanco Bank, Inc. and John Dorsey, trustee
PA – Lean R. Chappell; J – Evans
* The plaintiff, a Ripley attorney, is asking the court to both sell land jointly owned by Ruth and Jackie prior to their murder-suicide on Jan. 19, 2011, to pay a minimum of $26,213.27 in debts incurred by the Westfalls prior to their deaths, and remove their adult child, Hershel from the property after he began residing there in June. Additionally, Chappell seeks appointment of a guardian ad litem for the Westfall's two minor children, Jessica and Thomas, and a special commissioner to compile a report of all liens and general claims against the estates.
Case number: 12-C-26
First National Bank of Omaha vs. Dana R. Knapp, Jr.
PA – Andrew N. Frye III; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for defaulting in credit card payments. It seeks judgment in the amount of the outstanding balance of $22,146.02 plus interest of 29.99 percent as of Nov. 2.
Case number: 12-C-32
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements