Robert Drain vs. Davis Memorial Hospital
PA - Paul Harris; J - Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendant was negligent and failed to properly care for him, monitor and treat his medical condition on Feb. 16 and 17 when he was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit after a fall at home. He claims he was given Phenergan, which should be used with caution for patients like himself who are at risk for seizures, and he later fell from his hospital bed and remained unresponsive and nonverbal for several hours. He claims his changes in condition were not reported to the attending physician, and he later had to be transported to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown because of an intracranial hemorrhage. He is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 12-C-36
Citizens Bank of West Virginia, as successor in interest to The Citizens National Bank of Elkins, vs. Gold Resources LLC, United Coals Inc., Gold Diggers Inc., Jeffrey A. Goldizen and Debra D. Goldizen
PA - Gordon Copland; J - Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendants owe at least $212,454.10 plus interest after failing to meet the terms of a loan agreement from Dec. 13, 2007.
Case number: 12-C-37
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection