Robert Drain vs. Davis Memorial Hospital
PA - Paul Harris; J - Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendant was negligent and failed to properly care for him, monitor and treat his medical condition on Feb. 16 and 17 when he was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit after a fall at home. He claims he was given Phenergan, which should be used with caution for patients like himself who are at risk for seizures, and he later fell from his hospital bed and remained unresponsive and nonverbal for several hours. He claims his changes in condition were not reported to the attending physician, and he later had to be transported to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown because of an intracranial hemorrhage. He is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 12-C-36
Citizens Bank of West Virginia, as successor in interest to The Citizens National Bank of Elkins, vs. Gold Resources LLC, United Coals Inc., Gold Diggers Inc., Jeffrey A. Goldizen and Debra D. Goldizen
PA - Gordon Copland; J - Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendants owe at least $212,454.10 plus interest after failing to meet the terms of a loan agreement from Dec. 13, 2007.
Case number: 12-C-37
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit