Kenneth Dale Snyder vs. Absten & Sons, LLC and Absten Enterprises, LLC
PA- David B. Richardson
* On July 18, 2011, the defendants' work crew commenced the replacement of the staircase that provided the only access to the second floor and third floor of Snyder's apartment at Hickory Way Apartments. Snyder claims when he attempted to leave the apartment, the stair he was on collapsed and he was injured. Snyder is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-87
Adam W. Tincher vs. Trinity Coal Corporation
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega
* Tincher was employed by the defendant from October 2011 until Jan. 4. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages within 72 hours of discharge. Tincher is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-90
Charles R. Winter and Debbie A. Winter vs. Rover Construction, Inc.
PA- Harvey D. Peyton; J- O.C. Spaulding
* On April 2, 2010, a large quantity of water accumulated on the Winters' property and they discovered that the accumulation was the result of excavation work performed by the defendant. The water caused the couple water damages. The Winters are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-96
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination