Kenneth Dale Snyder vs. Absten & Sons, LLC and Absten Enterprises, LLC
PA- David B. Richardson
* On July 18, 2011, the defendants' work crew commenced the replacement of the staircase that provided the only access to the second floor and third floor of Snyder's apartment at Hickory Way Apartments. Snyder claims when he attempted to leave the apartment, the stair he was on collapsed and he was injured. Snyder is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-87
Adam W. Tincher vs. Trinity Coal Corporation
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega
* Tincher was employed by the defendant from October 2011 until Jan. 4. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages within 72 hours of discharge. Tincher is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-90
Charles R. Winter and Debbie A. Winter vs. Rover Construction, Inc.
PA- Harvey D. Peyton; J- O.C. Spaulding
* On April 2, 2010, a large quantity of water accumulated on the Winters' property and they discovered that the accumulation was the result of excavation work performed by the defendant. The water caused the couple water damages. The Winters are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-96
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems