Kenneth Dale Snyder vs. Absten & Sons, LLC and Absten Enterprises, LLC
PA- David B. Richardson
* On July 18, 2011, the defendants' work crew commenced the replacement of the staircase that provided the only access to the second floor and third floor of Snyder's apartment at Hickory Way Apartments. Snyder claims when he attempted to leave the apartment, the stair he was on collapsed and he was injured. Snyder is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-87
Adam W. Tincher vs. Trinity Coal Corporation
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega
* Tincher was employed by the defendant from October 2011 until Jan. 4. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages within 72 hours of discharge. Tincher is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-90
Charles R. Winter and Debbie A. Winter vs. Rover Construction, Inc.
PA- Harvey D. Peyton; J- O.C. Spaulding
* On April 2, 2010, a large quantity of water accumulated on the Winters' property and they discovered that the accumulation was the result of excavation work performed by the defendant. The water caused the couple water damages. The Winters are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-96
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published