MOUNDSVILLE -- A woman is suing the Marshall County Commission after she was injured at the Marshall County Courthouse.
On Feb. 10, 2010, Irene Kutay was at the Marshall County Courthouse when she slipped and fell on the main stairs and entry way into the courthouse, according to a complaint filed Feb. 9 in Marshall Circuit Court.
Kutay claims the Marshall County Commission had a duty to ensure the safety of all its visitors to their building and to properly maintain the stairs and entry way into the courthouse.
The Marshall County Commission was negligent in its care and maintenance of the area, according to the suit.
Kutay claims the defendant's negligence caused to her become injured.
Kutay is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Daniel M. Balgo.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Mark A. Karl.
Marshall Circuit Court case number: 12-C-21
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection