MOUNDSVILLE -- A woman is suing the Marshall County Commission after she was injured at the Marshall County Courthouse.
On Feb. 10, 2010, Irene Kutay was at the Marshall County Courthouse when she slipped and fell on the main stairs and entry way into the courthouse, according to a complaint filed Feb. 9 in Marshall Circuit Court.
Kutay claims the Marshall County Commission had a duty to ensure the safety of all its visitors to their building and to properly maintain the stairs and entry way into the courthouse.
The Marshall County Commission was negligent in its care and maintenance of the area, according to the suit.
Kutay claims the defendant's negligence caused to her become injured.
Kutay is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Daniel M. Balgo.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Mark A. Karl.
Marshall Circuit Court case number: 12-C-21
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note