MOUNDSVILLE -- A woman is suing the Marshall County Commission after she was injured at the Marshall County Courthouse.
On Feb. 10, 2010, Irene Kutay was at the Marshall County Courthouse when she slipped and fell on the main stairs and entry way into the courthouse, according to a complaint filed Feb. 9 in Marshall Circuit Court.
Kutay claims the Marshall County Commission had a duty to ensure the safety of all its visitors to their building and to properly maintain the stairs and entry way into the courthouse.
The Marshall County Commission was negligent in its care and maintenance of the area, according to the suit.
Kutay claims the defendant's negligence caused to her become injured.
Kutay is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Daniel M. Balgo.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Mark A. Karl.
Marshall Circuit Court case number: 12-C-21
- Steptoe & Johnson names new Chief Information Officer
- Morrisey announces new additions to office staff
- Slip and fall accident leads to suit against local Walmart store
- Huntington nursing home abuse case removed to federal court
- Coal miner sues after allegedly suffering head injuries on job site
- Man accuses Southern Coal Corporation of wrongful termination
- Career employee charges Lowe’s with age discrimination in job loss
- WVU wrongful termination suit goes to federal court
- Ohio couple says Cook's Heating & Cooling breached contract
- Woman accuses welfare group, Goodwill of race discrimination