MOUNDSVILLE -- A woman is suing the Marshall County Commission after she was injured at the Marshall County Courthouse.
On Feb. 10, 2010, Irene Kutay was at the Marshall County Courthouse when she slipped and fell on the main stairs and entry way into the courthouse, according to a complaint filed Feb. 9 in Marshall Circuit Court.
Kutay claims the Marshall County Commission had a duty to ensure the safety of all its visitors to their building and to properly maintain the stairs and entry way into the courthouse.
The Marshall County Commission was negligent in its care and maintenance of the area, according to the suit.
Kutay claims the defendant's negligence caused to her become injured.
Kutay is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Daniel M. Balgo.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Mark A. Karl.
Marshall Circuit Court case number: 12-C-21
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall