Ernie Colegrove Construction, LLC vs. American National Rubber Plant
PA- Shawn Bartram; J- Darrell Pratt
* On July 27, 2011, the defendant entered into a contract with Ernie Colegrove Construction where the defendant agreed to pay $35,992 in return for Colegrove to install a new roof for the defendant. On Aug. 11, 2011, American signed a supplemental contract for additional work to be done in the amount of $7,076.03, according to the suit. Colegrove claims the defendant failed and refused to pay $20,593.03 of the amount owed. Colegrove is seeking damages in the amount of $20,593.03 with interest.
Case number: 12-C-028
Abbie Lynn Fields and Ronnie Fields, as guardian and next friend of Zachary Lyle Fields vs. Norfolk and Southern Railway Company d/b/a Norfolk and Southern Corporation
PA- Donald R. Jarrell; J- Darrell Pratt
* On Dec. 2, 2008, Samantha Fields was the operator of a vehicle heading south on U.S. 152 in Wayne when she collided with a train owned and operated by the defendant. Abbie Lynn Fields, her daughter, was a passenger in the vehicle. The plaintiffs claim the train lights were not on at the time of the accident and the train crossing had no lights or warning devices and was inadequately lit, which caused Samantha Fields' death and Abbie Lynn Fields' injuries. Ronnie Fields, Samantha Fields' widower, and the two children are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-054
Opal Gay Vance vs. Toyota Motor North America, Inc.; Toyota Motor Sale U.S.A., Inc.; Toyota Motor Corporation; and Advantage Toyota, Inc.
PA- Edgar F. Heiskell III, Thomas Murray, Molly O'Neill, Matthew J. Woelfel; J- Darrell Pratt
* On March 18, 2010, Vance was injured in a collision in Wayne County when her 2010 Toyota Camry that she was driving suddenly accelerated on its own. Vance claims the defective vehicle was dangerous and the defendants failed to properly and adequately manufacture, fabricate and assemble the vehicle. Vance is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-066
Donnetta Wiley vs. Elsea, Inc. d/b/a Timberwolf Community, LLC
PA- Donald R. Jarrell; J- James H. Young Jr.
* On March 20, 2010, Wiley was injured when she fell through the front steps of her mobile home. She claims she had previously reported to the defendant that the steps needed repairs. Wiley is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-071
Andy Clark vs. House-Hasson Hardware Company - Persinger Division, Inc.; House-Hasson Hardware; and John Does 1 through 15
PA- J. Patrick L. Stephens, Mark F. Underwood; J- James H. Young Jr.
* On June 23, 2010, Clark was working for the defendants and was helping to load pallets above his head when he suffered a head injury. He claims the defendants failed to adhere to safety regulations. Clark is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-081
David Carver and Linda Carver vs. Champion Window Company of Charleston, LLC
PA- Scott D. Maddox; J- Darrell Pratt
* On Aug. 2, 2011, the defendant sent representatives to the Carver residence to provide an estimate on adding a sunroom to their home. On Aug. 11, 2011, the Carvers entered into a contract with the defendant wherein the defendant agreed to install a sunroom for the amount of $24,435. The Carvers claim the defendant has failed to honor its obligations under the contract. The Carvers are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-082
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements