HUNTINGTON -- A Huntington man and his wife are suing Gino's Pizza Parlor & Public Pub for injuries sustained from a defective chair.
On April 8, 2011, David Dunn was a patron at Gino's and when he went to sit down in a chair, the chair collapsed and caused him to fall to the ground and land on his neck and back, according to a complaint filed April 23 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Dunn claims the defendant provided him with unsafe, faulty and/or defective equipment unknown to him.
The defendant negligently and carelessly maintained, inspected and/or provided the defective and/or faulty equipment, according to the suit.
Dunn and his wife, Donna Dunn, are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. They are being represented by Dennis E. Kelley.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 12-C-265
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note