MORGANTOWN -- A Morgantown woman is suing the Morgantown Utility Board for raw sewage and rainwater that backed up and flooded into her home.
On July 9, 2010, and again on July 13, 2010, the sanitary sewer system connected to Mary F. McKinley's home backed up and caused sewage and rainwater to flood her home and cause extensive damage to the home and her personal belongings, according to a complaint filed in Monongalia Circuit Court.
McKinley claims the Morgantown Utility Board negligently designed, constructed, maintained and/or operated its sanitary sewer system.
The defendant's sewer system negligently resulted in McKinley's property damages, according to the suit.
McKinley is seeking compensatory damages with pre-judgment interest. She is being represented by Kelly R. Reed.
Monongalia Circuit Court case number: 12-C-348
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems
- Woman sues St. Mary's Medical Center for mother's death
- Woman sues Marshall University for soccer injuries