MORGANTOWN -- A Morgantown woman is suing the Morgantown Utility Board for raw sewage and rainwater that backed up and flooded into her home.
On July 9, 2010, and again on July 13, 2010, the sanitary sewer system connected to Mary F. McKinley's home backed up and caused sewage and rainwater to flood her home and cause extensive damage to the home and her personal belongings, according to a complaint filed in Monongalia Circuit Court.
McKinley claims the Morgantown Utility Board negligently designed, constructed, maintained and/or operated its sanitary sewer system.
The defendant's sewer system negligently resulted in McKinley's property damages, according to the suit.
McKinley is seeking compensatory damages with pre-judgment interest. She is being represented by Kelly R. Reed.
Monongalia Circuit Court case number: 12-C-348
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall