HUNTINGTON -- A South Point, Ohio, woman is suing a physician she claims was negligent in performing a shoulder arthroplasty on her.
On Jan. 14, 2010, Dr. Vincent Battista performed a shoulder arthroplasty on Charlene Walls in Cabell Huntington Hospital, according to a complaint filed May 16 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Walls claims during the surgery, Battista breached the standard of care by leaving her arm in the wrong angle and causing it to be deformed.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Walls suffered a deformity, an unnecessary scar from a second surgery and the loss of strength, mobility and range of motion, according to the suit.
Walls claims Battista's negligence also rendered her unable to resume her previous job duties.
Battista's treatment of Walls fell below the acceptable standard of care, which constitutes medical negligence, according to the suit.
Walls is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Richard E. Holtzapfel.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 12-C-317
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall