Justin Maynard vs. First Recovery, LLC and Equifax Information Services, LLC
PA – John N. Ellem; J-Evans
* The plaintiff, a Sandyville resident, is suing the defendants after First Recovery, a Las Vegas business, failed to correct a debt collection letter addressed to "Justin May" at his address on May 27, 2011, and Equifax, an Atlanta business, for failing to provide a copy of his credit report despite providing documentation on June 24. He seeks unspecified damages, interest and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-74
Brenda Jo Rollins vs. the city of Ripley
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff, a resident of Sandyville, is suing the defendant for failing to pay her within 72 hours following the termination of her employment on Sept. 7, 2010. She seeks damages of $8,260.80, three times her final paycheck of $2,753.60.
Case number: 12-C-86
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit