Justin Maynard vs. First Recovery, LLC and Equifax Information Services, LLC
PA – John N. Ellem; J-Evans
* The plaintiff, a Sandyville resident, is suing the defendants after First Recovery, a Las Vegas business, failed to correct a debt collection letter addressed to "Justin May" at his address on May 27, 2011, and Equifax, an Atlanta business, for failing to provide a copy of his credit report despite providing documentation on June 24. He seeks unspecified damages, interest and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-74
Brenda Jo Rollins vs. the city of Ripley
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff, a resident of Sandyville, is suing the defendant for failing to pay her within 72 hours following the termination of her employment on Sept. 7, 2010. She seeks damages of $8,260.80, three times her final paycheck of $2,753.60.
Case number: 12-C-86
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection