Justin Maynard vs. First Recovery, LLC and Equifax Information Services, LLC
PA – John N. Ellem; J-Evans
* The plaintiff, a Sandyville resident, is suing the defendants after First Recovery, a Las Vegas business, failed to correct a debt collection letter addressed to "Justin May" at his address on May 27, 2011, and Equifax, an Atlanta business, for failing to provide a copy of his credit report despite providing documentation on June 24. He seeks unspecified damages, interest and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-74
Brenda Jo Rollins vs. the city of Ripley
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff, a resident of Sandyville, is suing the defendant for failing to pay her within 72 hours following the termination of her employment on Sept. 7, 2010. She seeks damages of $8,260.80, three times her final paycheck of $2,753.60.
Case number: 12-C-86
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Couple accuse General Motors of selling defective truck
- Landowners cite breach of contract against CLS Group over mineral leases
- Woman accuses Family Dollar of retaliatory discharge
- Nursing home faces suit alleging wrongful death
- Man says he was injured by Jefferson High teacher at school
- Man sues R&R Operations, others for injuries from fall
- Delbarton man accuses Williamson Memorial of HIPAA violations
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan