MORGANTOWN -- A Jupiter, Fla., woman is suing S&S Rentals after she claims her son was injured in an ATV accident.
Steven B. Solomon; Sheridan Ranch Property Owners Association, Inc.; John Charles Solomon III; and Westfield Insurance Company were also named as defendants in the suit.
In June 2011, Steven Solomon's nephew, John Solomon, traveled from his residence in Florida to visit his uncle in Monongalia County for a brief summer vacation and Nicholas Scott accompanied John Solomon, who was his friend, according to a complaint filed May 24 in Monongalia Circuit Court.
Dixie D. Scott claims on June 30, 2011, John Solomon was using and operating his uncle's ATV or dune buggy when it rolled and flipped as he drove it on a private road.
At the time of the roll-over incident, Nicholas Scott was riding as a passenger on the ATV or dune buggy and was thrown from it, which caused him severe and permanent injuries, according to the suit.
Dixie Scott claims at the time of the incident, her son and John Solomon were in the care of Steven Solomon.
The ATV or dune buggy was owned and controlled by Steven Solomon, according to the suit, and S&S Rentals is the owner of real estate, private roads, rights-of-way and improvements, common areas and elements in Morgantown, including the subdivision where Steven Solomon lived.
Dixie Scott claims Sheridan Ranch Property Owners Association is the governing body for the maintenance, repair, replacement, administration and operation of the private roads, easements and all common areas and elements located within Sheridan Ranch subdivision.
Westfield Insurance Company wrongfully denied coverage to Steven Solomon and John Solomon and the bodily injury liability and medical payments claims presented by Dixie Scott and her son for his injuries, according to the suit.
Dixie Scott is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by J. Michael Benninger and Daniel D. Taylor.
Monongalia Circuit Court case number: 12-C-369
- Customer charges Dollar General with ignoring her complaint
- Railway worker sues Norfolk Southern over twisted ankle, claiming negligence
- Daughter sues CAMC, claiming mother fell during treatment
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death