Joseph K. Backus vs. the City of Parkersburg, Mayor Robert Newell and Police Chief Joseph Martin
PA – Pro se; J – Waters
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants for constitutional violations in conducting a background check on him on an unspecified date, and also for defamation in providing untrue information about him to WTAP-TV 3 and the Parkersburg News and Sentinel. He seeks $12 million in damages.
Case number: 12-C-234
JK Capital, Inc. vs. Paradise Cove Tanning Salon, LLC, Jody L. Bargeloh and R. Bryan Bargeloh
PA – Timothy J. Amos; J – Reed
* The plaintiff, a Craighead, Ark.-based business, is seeking a court order reposing eight pieces of indoor tanning equipment valued at $45,000 after the defendants became $16,495.82 in arrears in their monthly payments. They also seek court costs, and interest.
Case number: 12-C-239
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination