Joseph K. Backus vs. the City of Parkersburg, Mayor Robert Newell and Police Chief Joseph Martin
PA – Pro se; J – Waters
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants for constitutional violations in conducting a background check on him on an unspecified date, and also for defamation in providing untrue information about him to WTAP-TV 3 and the Parkersburg News and Sentinel. He seeks $12 million in damages.
Case number: 12-C-234
JK Capital, Inc. vs. Paradise Cove Tanning Salon, LLC, Jody L. Bargeloh and R. Bryan Bargeloh
PA – Timothy J. Amos; J – Reed
* The plaintiff, a Craighead, Ark.-based business, is seeking a court order reposing eight pieces of indoor tanning equipment valued at $45,000 after the defendants became $16,495.82 in arrears in their monthly payments. They also seek court costs, and interest.
Case number: 12-C-239
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection