Becky S. and William P. Kovalick vs. Phyllis C. Hartley
PA- Jeffrey V. Kessler; J- Karl
* Plaintiff settled with defendant's insurer Nationwide from a collision between the parties which occurred on Jan. 5, 2012. Kovalick was covered by an underinsured policy issued by Erie Insurance. Settlement is demanded to compensate their injuries.
Case number: 12-C-116
Taylor Shane Simms vs. Shelia Crow
PA- David C. White; J- Karl
* On June 22, 2010, Crow piloted her vehicle into the plaintiff's vehicle. Her failure to maintain a safe distance resulted in various injuries to Simms. A compensatory judgment, with costs, is requested.
Case number: 12-C-118
Arthur Timmins vs. Cody Dillon Midcap and John Doe(s)
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Hummel
* Defendant has been unable to determine the owner of the ATV vehicle operated by Midcap. When the name is ascertained, Timmins will seek leave to amend this complaint. Midcap violently struck plaintiff, a lawful pedestrian, on June 24, 2010. The hit and run occurred at a railroad crossing in Cameron. Plaintiff incurred divers and sundry expenses for injuries permanent in nature. A trial by jury is demanded.
Case number: 12-C-119
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published