CHARLESTON -- A former employee is suing NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A.), Inc. after she claims she was sexually harassed by one of her supervisors.
James Ramos and Carla Norvell, employees of NGK, were also named as defendants in the suit.
In October 2010, Felicia Fields began working for NGK as a temporary employee working with Kelly Services, according to a complaint filed June 28 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Fields claims in December 2010, Ramos began a course of conduct to sexually harass her.
On a daily basis, Ramos winked, licked his lips at Fields and made sexual noises at her in the workplace, according to the suit.
Fields claims during her employment, Ramos would also routinely make inappropriate comments about her breasts.
In March 2011, Fields was hired as a full time employee by NGK, according to the suit, and Ramos continued to sexually harass her.
Fields claims in November 2011, a co-worker reported Ramos' behavior, but Fields was unaware that the co-worker had reported the behavior.
On Jan. 5, Norvell, who was in a relationship with Ramos, took over Ramos' position as Fields' supervisor, according to the suit, but on Jan. 13, Norvell accused Fields of not knowing how to do her job.
Fields claims from February to May, she was made to do jobs that were not in her job description and as a result of the stress, she lost a total of 18 pounds and was prescribed anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications.
On June 7, no longer being able to tolerate the abusive working conditions created by Ramos and Norvell, Fields resigned from her employment, according to the suit.
Fields is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Matthew S. Criswell, Mark L. French and Steven M. Condaras.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Louis H. Bloom.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1215
- Ohio Co. judge OKs $18 million settlement in wrongful death lawsuit
- Calif. governor says Morrisey, Texas AG grandstanding on climate issue
- McDowell County woman alleges Tungste-Met terminated her job because of disability
- Ritchie Petroleum, Jay-Bee Oil and Gas sued over trespassing claims
- Direct Energy Business seeks payment for gas deliveries
- Jefferds alleges L & L Concrete Construction owes sum for services
- Former employee alleges Renal Ventures Management violated her rights after termination
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods