MM-Marcellus II v Dinsmore & Shohl
PA-J. Michael Benninger; J-Clawges
* MM-Marcellus II, a company that acquires and develops natural gas rights, hired the law firm of Dinsmore & Shohl to search legal title to an oil and gas estate in Preston County. They are seeking judgment for damages, alleging Dinsmore & Shohl failed to advise of adverse claims on a piece of property MM-Marcellus II purchased.
Case number: 12-C-442
Jennifer and Louis Bolack as parents of Abigail Bolack vs. WVU Hospitals and WVU Board of Governors
PA Harry S. Cohen; J-Tucker
* After giving birth to Abigail Bolack, the Bolack's allege WVUH failed to provide qualified physicians and other medical staff by improperly monitoring Jennifer Bolack's labor. An emergency c-section was performed where Abigail was delivered with no heart rate or respirations, had no spontaneous movement and poor color. She remained in NICU to be stabilized and was discharged 14 days later. Abigail has incurred multiple hospitalizations and therapies, seizures, respiratory distress, brain injury, delayed motor and cognitive skills and permanent disability that will require surgery, adaptive appliances, transportation and housing. The Bolacks seek judgment for damages and injuries incurred by both Abigail and Jennifer Bolack.
Case number: 12-C-445
Jason and Mary Ann Sherwood v Casey Andrews, Frank Andrews and Richie Michael
PA-Timothy J. Manchin; J-Gaujot
* The Sherwoods were sitting in their boats in a no wake zone of Cheat Lake. Casey Andrews, operating a boat owned by Frank Andrews, was boating toward the no wake zone. The Sherwoods allege he failed to maintain control of his boat slamming into the boat the Sherwoods were in. They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-449
- Worker sues former employer, alleging wrongful termination
- AG seeks subpoena against Jackson Co. door-to-door meat seller
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Charleston woman blames Elder-Beerman for injuries from falling in store
- Woman blames Kmart for slip-and-fall injury over floor mat at store
- Charleston man says he was injured in apartment ceiling collapse
- Woman says she was injured because of elevator malfunction
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court