CHARLESTON -- A Chapmanville woman is suing PetSmart after she was injured at its store in Charleston.
John Does 1 and 2 were also named as defendants in the suit.
On July 22, 2010, Pamela Nagy was an invitee and a customer at PetSmart when she fell as a result of wet floor near the fish tanks, according to a complaint filed July 20 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Nagy claims PetSmart failed to properly maintain its premises in a reasonably safe condition, which created an unsafe environment for its customers.
PetSmart knew about the condition and failed to warn its customers about the unsafe environment, according to the suit.
Nagy claims the defendant also failed to conduct any regular inspection of the aisles of its business.
PetSmart's negligence caused Nagy to sustain injuries to her right leg, right knee, right ankle, right hip, and also caused her to suffer swelling and bruising; strained and sprained muscles; constant pain and soreness; nervous condition; and nightmares and sleeping problems, according to the suit.
Nagy is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Pamela A. Lambert.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1433
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit