Carissa and Daniel Hammonds vs. Peoples/Perdew, Inc. d/b/a Cawley and Peoples Funeral Home d/b/a Riverview Cemetery
PA- David M. Adkins; J – Reed
* The plaintiffs, residents of Stephens City, Va., are suing the defendants, a Marietta, Ohio-based business for injuries Carissa sustained on July 14, 2010 while attending a funeral at property the defendant owns in Williamstown, after falling into an uncovered hole. Daniel makes a claim for loss of consortium. They seek unspecified damages, interest and court costs.
Case number: 12-C-292
David Taylor vs. the city of Parkersburg and Joseph Martin
PA- John E. Triplett, Jr.; J – Waters
* The plaintiff, a Washington resident, is suing the defendants for wrongful termination after Martin, the city's police chief, notified Taylor via letter on July 14, 2010, he was being fired for excessive absences, but failed to previously warn him about it, and give him an opportunity to take corrective action. Along with an order reinstating him as police officer, Taylor seeks unspecified damages to include back pay and front pay from the date of his termination, court costs and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-293
Eric Starcher vs. Leigh Marcham and Family Crisis Intervention Center
PA – Pro se; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants, a non-profit agency that provides domestic services, and one of its employees, for sexual discrimination when after he filed for a domestic violence protective order against his wife on June 5, Marcham, gave advice and assistance to his wife during a hearing in Wood Family Court on June 14. He seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-295
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements
- Morrisey hails federal ruling as gun rights victory
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- W.Va., other AGs settle with HSBC Mortgage
- Logan Co. couple accuses insurer of contract breach, negligence
- State Election Commission reviews public financing complaints in Supreme Court race
- State moves to invalidate and cancel loan from Capon Valley Bank to Wardensville