Judy B. Carr vs. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
PA- Bren J. Pomponio, Daniel F. Hedges; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Carr purchased her current home in 1984 for $40,000 and refinanced the home loan over the years at various times. In spring 2007, the defendant solicited Carr to refinance her first mortgage and her credit line and falsely appraised her home at approximately $140,000. Carr claims in 2011 she was struggling with her payments and sought assistance from Chase, but was denied and on June 21, she requested a statement of her account and informed the defendant she was being represented by counsel. Chase failed to provide Carr with a statement of her account. Carr is seeking actual damages for each violation of West Virginia Code.
Case number: 12-C-1639
Thomas Barr vs. E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Barr worked for the defendant as an electrician from Aug. 22, 2011, until his discharge on Dec. 15, 2011. Barr claims the defendant failed to pay his final employment wages in full within 72 hours of being discharged. Barr is seeking treble damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-1642
Jeffrey Morgan vs. Bryan Alan Cook, individually and as agent and employee of Appalachian Tire Products, Inc.; and Appalachian Tire Products, Inc.
PA- William M. Tiano; J- Carrie Webster
* On Sept. 1, 2010, Morgan was operating a 1996 Honda Civic at the intersection of Bowne Avenue and MacCorkle Avenue in Charleston when Cook, who was operating an Appalachian truck in the course and scope of his employment, was driving in a careless and reckless manner and collided with Morgan's vehicle. Morgan is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-1645
Anise N. Owens a/k/a Anise N. Dean vs. Twin City Used Cars, LLC
PA- Cameron S. McKinney, David L. Grubb; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Sept. 24, 2010, Owens entered into a motor vehicle purchase contract with the defendant for the purchase of a 2000 Lincoln and on Oct. 22, 2011, she entered into a motor vehicle contract with the defendant for the purchase of a 2003 Ford Windstar. Owens claims the defendant falsely assured her the vehicles were dependable cars with no prior history of damage and/or problems. Owens is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-1647
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident