Judy B. Carr vs. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
PA- Bren J. Pomponio, Daniel F. Hedges; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Carr purchased her current home in 1984 for $40,000 and refinanced the home loan over the years at various times. In spring 2007, the defendant solicited Carr to refinance her first mortgage and her credit line and falsely appraised her home at approximately $140,000. Carr claims in 2011 she was struggling with her payments and sought assistance from Chase, but was denied and on June 21, she requested a statement of her account and informed the defendant she was being represented by counsel. Chase failed to provide Carr with a statement of her account. Carr is seeking actual damages for each violation of West Virginia Code.
Case number: 12-C-1639
Thomas Barr vs. E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Barr worked for the defendant as an electrician from Aug. 22, 2011, until his discharge on Dec. 15, 2011. Barr claims the defendant failed to pay his final employment wages in full within 72 hours of being discharged. Barr is seeking treble damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-1642
Jeffrey Morgan vs. Bryan Alan Cook, individually and as agent and employee of Appalachian Tire Products, Inc.; and Appalachian Tire Products, Inc.
PA- William M. Tiano; J- Carrie Webster
* On Sept. 1, 2010, Morgan was operating a 1996 Honda Civic at the intersection of Bowne Avenue and MacCorkle Avenue in Charleston when Cook, who was operating an Appalachian truck in the course and scope of his employment, was driving in a careless and reckless manner and collided with Morgan's vehicle. Morgan is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-1645
Anise N. Owens a/k/a Anise N. Dean vs. Twin City Used Cars, LLC
PA- Cameron S. McKinney, David L. Grubb; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Sept. 24, 2010, Owens entered into a motor vehicle purchase contract with the defendant for the purchase of a 2000 Lincoln and on Oct. 22, 2011, she entered into a motor vehicle contract with the defendant for the purchase of a 2003 Ford Windstar. Owens claims the defendant falsely assured her the vehicles were dependable cars with no prior history of damage and/or problems. Owens is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-1647
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December