CIVIL FILINGS: Lincoln County
Harmon Marks Sep. 21, 2012, 2:05am
CACH, LLC, assignee of Metris vs. Holly M. Bowers
PA – Andrew N. Frye III, Jane A. Pancake; J- Jay M. Hoke
* CASH seeks collection of more than $10,700 plus interest, it says Branchland woman owes on credit card balance.
Case number: 12-C-85
Betty Jo Elkins vs. Town of Hamlin
PA- Michael C. Walker; J- Jay M. Hoke
* West Hamlin resident says she was seriously injured when walking across South Main Street and thrown forward because her foot struck an uneven surface. Personal injury suit claims Elkins suffered a fracture to her right radial head requiring surgery; incurring medical bills; suffered a loss of enjoyment of life; lost wages; and has impaired earning capacity. She wants jury to determine an award amount.
Case number: 12-C-87
Pamuela and Patrick Blevins vs. Tri River Transit Authority, Inc.
PA- Robert V. Berthold; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Pamuela Blevins contends she stopped to fuel her vehicle in Branchland in August 2010, exited the vehicle and opened its door to lean into the car to get her purse, then was struck by a transit bus. She charges an "unknown agent/employee of Tri River Transit failed to maintain...reasonable and proper control" of the bus, causing her to suffer back and leg injuries, as well as damage to her vehicle. Her suit says bus driver violated several laws by not stopping at the scene. She cites $80,000 in past medical expenses with future costs to come; and $20,000 in lost wages, plus total loss of future earning capacity. Husband Patrick, suit says, has been deprived of service of his wife. Couple wants jury judgment for compensation in excess of jurisdictional limits, pre- and post-judgment interest, court costs and other general relief deemed proper.
Case number: 12-C-88
Joey A. Roy and Jacquelyn Blankenship vs. Richard and Sandy Davis and Dale Parsons, individually and d/b/a Parsons Logging
PA- Jeffrey S. Bowen; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Petitioners complaint they co-own eight parcels of property where Respondents harvest timber without their permission and seek injunctive relief. Judge Jay M. Hoke granted a temporary restraining order Aug. 13 and scheduled a hearing for the cause Aug. 17.
Case number: 12-C-94
Michael I. Harper vs. Jeffrey Harper, individually and as executor and former Executor of the Estate of Carolyn Harper, deceased; Roger Parcell; Teresa Robertson; and Charles D. Harper
PA- W. Dale Greene; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Michael Harper contends he was not provided his share of the estate of his deceased mother, mishandled by his brother as executor. He seeks jury trial for awards to include compensatory and punitive damages, pre- and post-judgment interest and court costs.
Case number: 12-C-95
Vernon E. Lovejoy vs. Eustace Hagley Jr.
PA- C. Joseph Stevens; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Lovejoy seeks declaratory judgment to ascertain and declare rights and responsibilities of adjacent property owners, himself and Hagley, in Jefferson District. At issue is the use of a roadway leading from a public highway across land owned by Hagley to Lovejoy's property.
Case number: 12-C-96