CIVIL FILINGS: Kanawha County
Jessica A. Stiltner, administratrix of the Estate of Phillip Cadle, deceased vs. Robert Shin, M.D. and Charleston Area Medical Center, Inc.
PA- William S. Druckman, Madonna C. Estep; J- Charles E. King
* Cadle was a patient of the defendants. Stiltner claims the defendants failed to adequately address and determine the cause of Cadle's complaints of shortness of breath following his discharge from the hospital. Stiltner claims the defendants failed to recognize the significance of continued tachycardia prior to discharge. The defendants' negligence caused Cadle's death on March 19. Stiltner is seeking judgment in an amount as yet to be determined with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-1801
Jessica Austin vs. Ben Franklin Career Center; Paula Potter, in her official capacity as principal of Ben Franklin Career Center; John Baird, in his official capacity as former principal of Ben Franklin Career Center; Kanawha County Board of Education; Ronald E. Duerring, in his official capacity as superintendent of Kanawha County Schools; and William P. (Pete) Thaw, in his official capacity as president of the Kanawha County Board of Education
PA- William C. Forbes, W. Jesse Forbes; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Sept. 15, 2010, Austin slipped and fell in the restroom of the defendants' Dunbar location and was injured. Austin is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-1804
Hope Beaver and Gerald Beaver vs. Target Corporation
PA- Shawn R. Romano; J- Charles E. King
* On Sept. 17, 2010, Hope Beaver was a customer in the South Charleston location of Target when she slipped and fell in water that was carelessly and recklessly left in the aisle. The Beavers are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-1816
Richard Snyder vs. Machinery Services Corp. and Leland Owens
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Dec. 9, 2010, Snyder was the driver of a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado when he was struck by a vehicle driven by Owens and owned by Machinery Services and was injured. Snyder is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-1828
Kathryn H. Edwards vs. American Water Works Service Company, Inc.
PA- Johnson W. Gabhart; J- Carrie Webster
* On Sept. 19, 2010, at approximately 6 p.m., Edwards was leaving her mother's home after assisting her with laundry and odd jobs around the house. Edwards claims when she was leaving, she stepped on an unsecured water meter cover owned by the defendant and her foot and leg fell into the hole, causing her injuries. Edwards is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-1850
Organizations in this Story
1000 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Get notified the next time we write about