Amy L. Bates vs. G&G Builders Inc., Gary Young, G&G Builders Inc. individually, John Doe and Jane Doe, employees of G&G Builders Inc.
PA-Stephen P. New; J-Stowers
* Bates says G&G and its employees are responsible for injuries she sustained after a fall on a sidewalk under construction in Winfield on Aug. 14, 2011. Bates seeks compensatory damages for past and future medical expenses, loss of earning capacity and other similar losses. She also seeks damages for past and future pain and suffering, mental anguish, permanent injury, inconvenience, loss of earning capacity, loss of society, service and companionship, loss of enjoyment of life and emotional distress. She also seeks punitive damages, pre- and post-judgment interest, court costs, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-280
James C. Davis vs. Travel Centers of America and TA Operating LLC dba Travel Centers of America
PA-Harold B. Wolfe III; J-Stowers
* Davis is a trucker from Mercer County. On May 20 at a TCA location in Richmond Hill, Ga., Davis says a mechanic there failed to re-attack and re-hook a hose in the cooling system during a repair. That caused the engine on his 2001 Western Star truck to overheat and cracked a cylinder heat, destroying the Caterpillar engine for more than $17,000. He also seeks lost salary of more than $12,000 he missed while the engine was being replaced. He seeks compensatory damages, court costs, attorney fees, pre- and post-judgment interest and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-283
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note