Betsy Louise Sayre vs. EAG Healthcare, LLC
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant under the state Wage Payment and Collection Act for failing to pay her within 72 hours of her discharge on April 6. Along with triple damages, Sayre seeks interest, court costs and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-128
SunTrust Bank vs. Richard A. and Virginia M. Bennett
PA – Daniel T. Booth; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff is seeking judgment against the defendants for $80,857.58, the outstanding balance of a home equity line of credit originally given to the Bennetts in 2002 in which they defaulted on Oct. 10, 2008. The outstanding balance follows $77,400 SunTrust applied to the principal on May 7, 2010 following a foreclosure sale.
Case number: 12-C-129
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Couple accuse General Motors of selling defective truck
- Landowners cite breach of contract against CLS Group over mineral leases
- Woman accuses Family Dollar of retaliatory discharge
- Nursing home faces suit alleging wrongful death
- Man says he was injured by Jefferson High teacher at school
- Man sues R&R Operations, others for injuries from fall
- Delbarton man accuses Williamson Memorial of HIPAA violations
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan