CHARLESTON – A woman is suing McDowell Nursing & Rehabilitation, LLC, after she claims it is responsible for her father’s injuries and death.
Wisteria, LLC and AMFM, LLC were also named as defendants in the suit.
James Allen was a patient of the defendants from Nov. 9, 2010, until Dec. 6, 2010, according to a complaint filed Jan. 4 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Claudia Ross claims during Allen’s residency, he suffered serious injuries from a pattern of poor care, neglect and abuse rendered by the defendants and their staff, including uncontrolled high glucose, severe dehydration and urinary tract infections.
The negligent care and abuse of Allen by the defendants caused significant destruction on his physical condition and proximately contributed to his death on Dec. 10, 2010, according to the suit.
Ross claims the defendants failed to exercise a degree of care, skill and learning required or expected of reasonable, prudent healthcare providers n their profession.
The defendants inadequately trained their employees and were aware that their employees were unqualified and inadequately trained, yet retained them as employees to care for residents, according to the suit.
Ross is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Jonathan R. Mani and Damon L. Ellis.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Charles E. King.
Case number: 13-C-18
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note