BECKLEY - A Raleigh County woman is suing Sears after she allegedly tripped and fell while shopping.
Nancy Young filed a lawsuit July 30 against Sears Store No. 02704, also known as Sears Roebuck & Company, in the Circuit Court of Raleigh County, citing negligence.
According to the complaint, on Aug. 3, 2011, Young was at Sears located in the Crossroads Mall in Mount Hope. She claims that while shopping in the housewares section a cart caught her ankle causing her to fall and sustain injuries.
Young is seeking damages in excess of $10,000. She is being represented in the case by Pineville attorney David G. Thompson.
Circuit Court of Raleigh County Case No. 13-C-620
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination