BECKLEY - A Raleigh County woman is suing Sears after she allegedly tripped and fell while shopping.
Nancy Young filed a lawsuit July 30 against Sears Store No. 02704, also known as Sears Roebuck & Company, in the Circuit Court of Raleigh County, citing negligence.
According to the complaint, on Aug. 3, 2011, Young was at Sears located in the Crossroads Mall in Mount Hope. She claims that while shopping in the housewares section a cart caught her ankle causing her to fall and sustain injuries.
Young is seeking damages in excess of $10,000. She is being represented in the case by Pineville attorney David G. Thompson.
Circuit Court of Raleigh County Case No. 13-C-620
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall