BECKLEY - A Raleigh County woman is suing Sears after she allegedly tripped and fell while shopping.
Nancy Young filed a lawsuit July 30 against Sears Store No. 02704, also known as Sears Roebuck & Company, in the Circuit Court of Raleigh County, citing negligence.
According to the complaint, on Aug. 3, 2011, Young was at Sears located in the Crossroads Mall in Mount Hope. She claims that while shopping in the housewares section a cart caught her ankle causing her to fall and sustain injuries.
Young is seeking damages in excess of $10,000. She is being represented in the case by Pineville attorney David G. Thompson.
Circuit Court of Raleigh County Case No. 13-C-620
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan