BECKLEY - A Raleigh County woman is suing Sears after she allegedly tripped and fell while shopping.
Nancy Young filed a lawsuit July 30 against Sears Store No. 02704, also known as Sears Roebuck & Company, in the Circuit Court of Raleigh County, citing negligence.
According to the complaint, on Aug. 3, 2011, Young was at Sears located in the Crossroads Mall in Mount Hope. She claims that while shopping in the housewares section a cart caught her ankle causing her to fall and sustain injuries.
Young is seeking damages in excess of $10,000. She is being represented in the case by Pineville attorney David G. Thompson.
Circuit Court of Raleigh County Case No. 13-C-620
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him