CLARKSBURG -- Steptoe & Johnson is pleased to announce that 25 of the firm's lawyers are included in the 2008 class of West Virginia Super Lawyers, with four lawyers included in "West Virginia Rising Stars," a special supplement produced by Law and Politics magazine.
The editors selected the following Steptoe & Johnson lawyers:
* Laurie C. Barbe, Insurance Coverage
* Michael W. Barill, Estate Planning & Probate
* Kenneth J. Barton Jr., Real Estate
* Rodney L. Bean, Employment & Labor
* Susan S. Brewer, Personal Injury Defense/Medical Malpractice
* Bryan R. Cokeley, Employment Litigation/Defense
* Gordon H. Copland, Business Litigation
* David E. Dick, Employment & Labor
* Louis E. Enderle Jr., Real Estate
* William E. Galeota, Business Litigation
* Brian D. Gallagher, Real Estate
* Robert E. Gifford, General Litigation
* Sara E. Hauptfuehrer, Employee Benefits/ERISA
* Patrick D. Kelly, Health Care
* W. Henry Lawrence, Business Litigation
* Randall C. Light, Real Estate
* Steven P. McGowan, Energy & Natural Resources
* C. David Morrison, Employment Litigation/Defense
* Jeffrey K. Phillips, Personal Injury Defense/General
* Ancil G. Ramey, Appellate
* Larry J. Rector, Employment Litigation/Defense
* Christopher L. Slaughter, Employment & Labor
* Robert M. Steptoe Jr., Employment & Labor
* William D. Wilmoth, Business Litigation
* James M. Wilson, Personal Injury Defense/General
* Thomas L. Aman Jr., Real Estate
* Armando F. Benincasa, Environmental
* Kara L. Cunningham, Business Litigation
* Morgan P. Griffith, Workers' Compensation
Established in 1913, Steptoe & Johnson is no stranger to leading lawyer directories. The attorneys frequently appear in surveys recognizing top practitioners, including Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business, and The Best Lawyers in America. In addition, the firm has achieved the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell.
The outcome of the Super Lawyers selection process is the publication of a comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys, which is used as a resource to assist consumers searching for top legal counsel in a particular area of law. The Super Lawyers list is a compilation of peer recognition and professional achievement, which includes the categories of verdicts and settlements, transactions, representative clients, special certifications, pro bono and community service, scholarly lectures and writings, and educational background.
Steptoe & Johnson is a corporate defense firm with particular strengths in energy, labor, employment and litigation. It is comprised of over 180 lawyers resident in seven locations throughout West Virginia and Ohio. For nearly a century, the firm has demonstrated its commitment to quality, personal attention, experience, skill, and resources to client-focused service.
For more information, visit the firm's Web site at www.steptoe-johnson.com.