Ray Messersmith vs. Saxon Drilling, Inc.
PA-David M. Grunau; J-NA
* Messersmith suffered serious injuries while working on a drilling rig. He alleges the equipment he was using failed to be covered with protective guards even though Saxon Drilling generated internal memos that mandated portions of the equipment Messermsith was operating have protective guards. Messersmith suffered injuries to his hand which resulted in portions of his fingers to be amputated. He is seeking compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, general and punitive damages, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-362
Dixie Scott, parent of Nicholas Scott vs. Steven B. Solomon, et al.
PA-J. Michael Benninger; J-NA
* Nicholas Scott and his friend John Charles Solomon III were visiting and staying with Solomon's uncle, Steven Solomon. John Solomon was driving an ATV on which Scott was a passenger. The ATV flipped and rolled over, causing Scott to be thrown. He suffered severe and permanent injuries. Scott is seeking a judgment from Solomon's insurance company, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-369
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems