Ray Messersmith vs. Saxon Drilling, Inc.
PA-David M. Grunau; J-NA
* Messersmith suffered serious injuries while working on a drilling rig. He alleges the equipment he was using failed to be covered with protective guards even though Saxon Drilling generated internal memos that mandated portions of the equipment Messermsith was operating have protective guards. Messersmith suffered injuries to his hand which resulted in portions of his fingers to be amputated. He is seeking compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, general and punitive damages, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-362
Dixie Scott, parent of Nicholas Scott vs. Steven B. Solomon, et al.
PA-J. Michael Benninger; J-NA
* Nicholas Scott and his friend John Charles Solomon III were visiting and staying with Solomon's uncle, Steven Solomon. John Solomon was driving an ATV on which Scott was a passenger. The ATV flipped and rolled over, causing Scott to be thrown. He suffered severe and permanent injuries. Scott is seeking a judgment from Solomon's insurance company, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-369
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note