Shailini Singh, M.D. vs. Marshall University and University Physicians & Surgeons, Inc.
PA- William D. Levine; J- David M. Pancake
* Singh was a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine at Marshall's medical school and was the only physician at the medical school who was board certified in the sub-specialty. Singh claims during her tenure, David G. Chaffin was allowed to practice in the maternal fetal medicine sub-specialty despite being denied board certification and he was appointed to be the director of the Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine despite his lack of qualifications. On June 26, 2010, Singh was notified by Dr. Robert Nerhood that her employment was terminated. Singh claims she was discriminated against because of her age, sex and/or national origin. Singh is seeking compensatory damages in an amount no less than $1 million and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-433
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization