Shailini Singh, M.D. vs. Marshall University and University Physicians & Surgeons, Inc.
PA- William D. Levine; J- David M. Pancake
* Singh was a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine at Marshall's medical school and was the only physician at the medical school who was board certified in the sub-specialty. Singh claims during her tenure, David G. Chaffin was allowed to practice in the maternal fetal medicine sub-specialty despite being denied board certification and he was appointed to be the director of the Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine despite his lack of qualifications. On June 26, 2010, Singh was notified by Dr. Robert Nerhood that her employment was terminated. Singh claims she was discriminated against because of her age, sex and/or national origin. Singh is seeking compensatory damages in an amount no less than $1 million and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-433
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall