Shailini Singh, M.D. vs. Marshall University and University Physicians & Surgeons, Inc.
PA- William D. Levine; J- David M. Pancake
* Singh was a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine at Marshall's medical school and was the only physician at the medical school who was board certified in the sub-specialty. Singh claims during her tenure, David G. Chaffin was allowed to practice in the maternal fetal medicine sub-specialty despite being denied board certification and he was appointed to be the director of the Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine despite his lack of qualifications. On June 26, 2010, Singh was notified by Dr. Robert Nerhood that her employment was terminated. Singh claims she was discriminated against because of her age, sex and/or national origin. Singh is seeking compensatory damages in an amount no less than $1 million and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-433
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan