Shailini Singh, M.D. vs. Marshall University and University Physicians & Surgeons, Inc.
PA- William D. Levine; J- David M. Pancake
* Singh was a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine at Marshall's medical school and was the only physician at the medical school who was board certified in the sub-specialty. Singh claims during her tenure, David G. Chaffin was allowed to practice in the maternal fetal medicine sub-specialty despite being denied board certification and he was appointed to be the director of the Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine despite his lack of qualifications. On June 26, 2010, Singh was notified by Dr. Robert Nerhood that her employment was terminated. Singh claims she was discriminated against because of her age, sex and/or national origin. Singh is seeking compensatory damages in an amount no less than $1 million and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-433
- Marmet citizens file petition to remove mayor from office
- West Virginia committed to combating substance abuse
- A letter to Secretary Kerry
- Morrisey warns of credit, debit chip card email scam
- AG's office urges caution with online holiday shopping
- SDW Electric sued for allegedly unpaid debts
- Workers accuse Republic Energy of firing over safety complaints, age
- Beckley HVAC firm seeks restitution from Norco Construction for unpaid bills
- Repo man seeks possession of final paycheck
- Woman accuses Marion Co. Coal of discrimination, retaliation