Shailini Singh, M.D. vs. Marshall University and University Physicians & Surgeons, Inc.
PA- William D. Levine; J- David M. Pancake
* Singh was a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine at Marshall's medical school and was the only physician at the medical school who was board certified in the sub-specialty. Singh claims during her tenure, David G. Chaffin was allowed to practice in the maternal fetal medicine sub-specialty despite being denied board certification and he was appointed to be the director of the Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine despite his lack of qualifications. On June 26, 2010, Singh was notified by Dr. Robert Nerhood that her employment was terminated. Singh claims she was discriminated against because of her age, sex and/or national origin. Singh is seeking compensatory damages in an amount no less than $1 million and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-433
- Ohio Co. judge OKs $18 million settlement in wrongful death lawsuit
- Calif. governor says Morrisey, Texas AG grandstanding on climate issue
- McDowell County woman alleges Tungste-Met terminated her job because of disability
- Ritchie Petroleum, Jay-Bee Oil and Gas sued over trespassing claims
- Direct Energy Business seeks payment for gas deliveries
- Jefferds alleges L & L Concrete Construction owes sum for services
- Former employee alleges Renal Ventures Management violated her rights after termination
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods