Valentino Andy Williams v. West Virginia Board of Governors
J-Stone; PA-Crystal Hawkins Castleberry
* Williams claims he was subjected to working conditions, including racially motivated harassment, which led him to resign. He is seeking damages of pain and suffering, loss of income, punitive damages, court costs and attorney's fees.
Case number: 06-C-400
Michael Riggleman v. Misty Marie Jeffry
J-Clawges; PA-J. Bryan Edwards
* Riggleman claims Jeffry, while under the influence of alcohol, caused her vehicle to crash. Riggleman consequentially was injured. He is seeking compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, punitive damages, interest, costs, and attorney's fees.
Case number: 06-C-403
Jared McClurg v. Alltel Communications Inc., JDG Financial Services Inc., Nationwide Credit Inc.
J-Stone; PA-Julie Gower Romain
* McClurg claims that after paying an outstanding balance of $503.50, including a termination fee, to Alltel, the company Nationwide demanded $666.69 be paid to Alltel. McClurg claims to have been repeatedly harassed over this sum, which he insists is a mistake. He is seeking damages of $1,000 for each violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act, as well as costs and attorney's fees.
Case number: 06-C-404
Roger Shane and Debra Shane v. Kia Motors America Inc. and Bortz Automotive Inc.
J-Clawges; PA-Julie Gower Romain
* The Shanes claim during their vehicle's warranted period, three repair attempts by the manufacturer have failed to remedy problems with the vehicle -- some of which could be safety issues. It is also believed there were extensive unreported repairs made before they purchased the vehicle. They are seeking a refund of the $28,577 purchase price, damages for the costs of repairs, damages for loss of use, attorney's fees and costs.
Case number: 06-C-405
West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc. v. Peggy Stull
J-Stone; PA-Jeffery D. Taylor
* WVU Hospitals claims Stull owes $231,949.57 for extensive professional medical treatment. It is seeking this amount plus post-judgment interest, attorney fees and court costs.
Case number: 06-C-406
Danny R. Medford v. Eugene Adams and Brian M. Dodge
J-Clawges; PA-J. Bryan Edwards
* Medford claims Adams operated Dodge's truck without a license while intoxicated and collided with Medford's vehicle, causing him serious injury. He is seeking damages of medical expenses, lost wages, punitive damages, interest, costs and attorney's fees.
Case number: 06-C-407
David Simmons v. Ervin's Repair and Towing Inc., and John Doe(s)
J-Stone; PA-David M. Grunau
* Simmons claims when he asked why his vehicle was being towed he was ignored. The driver proceeded to back the truck in Simmons' direction and lowered the "T" bar onto his feet, and then afterward laughed about the incident. Simmons is seeking damages of pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost income, punitive damages and attorney's fees.
Case number: 06-C-413
This Just In: Monongalia County
Want to get notified whenever we write about ?
Sign-up Next time we write about , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.