GP-Mountaineer LLC. v. Wal-Mart Inc.
J-N/A; PA-William C. Brewer
* GP-Mountaineer claims Wal-Mart's 20-year lease in the Mountaineer Mall involves a contractual obligation to maintain the Common Areas of the shopping center. Wal-Mart has become delinquent on paying the pro rata share of the Common Area maintainance costs. GP-Mountaineer is seeking the sum of $7,709.22, plus costs, interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-233
La'Dai Lea Harris v. Lee E. Grayson and Allstate Insurance Company
J-N/A; PA-Timothy J. Manchin
* Harris claims Grayson negligently operated his vehicle in such a way as to cause a collision with Harris' automobile. As a result of the collision, Harris has sustained numerous injuries as well as a loss of income. She has also been forced to expend about $10,000 in various medical expenses. She is seeking compensation for her injuries and damages, as well as interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-235
Jason N. Spina and Jamie D. Spina v. Harry E. McDowell Jr. and Ruth Ann McDowell
J-N/A; PA-Phillip M. Magro
* The plaintiffs claim Harry McDowell violently pushed Jason Spina, without provocation, beginning an altercation that ended in severe injuries for both plaintiffs. Jason Spina suffered bruising on his neck and back as well as a detached retina and permanent loss of vision in his left eye. He has also incurred medical expenses, a decreased earning capacity and lost wages. They are seeking compensation as well as court costs, interest and attorney fees along with punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-238
Daniel & Yeager Inc. v. Amerirad Inc.
J-N/A; PA-Jennifer S. Caradine
* Daniel & Yeager claim Amerirad is dilenquent in repayment of the sum of $50,925.99. They are seeking this sum, as well as $6,551.84 as interest on delinquently paid invoices, $5,559.40 as interest accrued as of April 4, 2007, as post-judgment interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-243
Scott A. Dumire and Sherry A. Dumire individually and as father and mother of Hunter Dumire v. WVU Medical Corporation dba UHA and University of West Virginia Board of Governors
J-N/A; PA-Wesley W. Metheney, Esquire
* Scott and Sherry Dumire claim the defendants deviated from the standard of care in their treatment of Hunter Dumire, during a circumcision procedure. Their failure was a proximate cause of subsequent injuries and damages sustained by Hunter and his parents. They are seeking compensatory damages plus interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-250
Linda E. Corley individually and as administrator of the estate of Rymer Lee Corley, deceased v. Eastern Associated Coal Corp.
J-N/A; PA-C. Patrick Carrick
* Linda Corley claims Eastern was negligent in maintaining a safe working environment, and as a result, they contributed to the death of Rymer Lee Corley, who suffered from a heart attack while working. When he complained of shortness of breath, his co-workers were unable to find a working supplement oxygen tank to help alleviate his symptoms. The plaintiff is seeking full and fair compensation for the death of Rymer Corley, as well as court costs, interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-251
This Just In: Monongalia County
Want to get notified whenever we write about ?
Sign-up Next time we write about , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.