Waldorf Distributing Inc. v. General Teamsters, etc, et al.
J-Gaughan ; PA-Robert J. D'Anniballe, Jr.
* Waldorf employees, who are also members of General Teamsters' union, and Local Union 697 failed to come to an agreement regarding health and welfare benefits. Teamsters claims Waldorf union members are following Teamsters' delivery trucks, interfering with deliveries, and are picketing their customers. General Teamsters seeks that the court prevents Waldorf from picketing and preventing deliveries, compensatory and punitive damages, fees, and costs.
Case number: 08-C-17
Keith Smith, et al. v. Coil Slitting International, et al.
J-Wilson; PA-Ronald Wm Kasserman
* After being injured on the job and receiving temporary total benefits from Workers' Compensation, Smith returned to work to find that he had been laid off. Smith was the only employee laid off, and Coil Slitting called in other employees to perform work Smith was capable of performing. Smith was also accused of faking his injuries. Smith seeks judgment jointly and severally, punitive damages, fees and costs.
Case number 08-C-20
Kayla Fjelddalen v. Combined Insurance Co., et al
J- Wilson; PA-M. Eric Frankovitch, Esq.
* Combined Insurance has failed to make payments to Fjelddalen that she should receive according to her late mother's insurance policy. Fjelddalen seeks punitive damages in an amount in excess of the jurisdictional limit, interests, costs, and fees.
Case number: 08-C-32
Kyleigh Puckett v. Steven Moore, et al.
J-Wilson; PA- William R. Kiefer, Esq.
* Puckett was peaceably conducting herself when she was bitten on the face by Moore's dog. Puckett claims Moore failed to properly supervise the dog, and she seeks punitive damages, prejudgment and post judgment, and costs. Case number: 08-C-34
Estate of Margaret Ferda v. Genesis Healthcare Corporation, et al.
J-Recht; PA- Robert J. Fitzsimmons
* Ferda was a resident of a nursing home operated by Genesis. Ferda was awoken from her bed and escorted to the restroom by an unidentified nursing home employee. Ferda slipped and fell because of an unidentified liquid on the floor. The administrator of the estate, Donald R. Ferda, seeks judgment jointly and severally in an amount to be determined by judge or jury, interests, and costs.
Case number: 08-C-35
Pulice Contracting v. Patrick M. Barrett and Douglas L. Jackson
J-Gaughan; PA-Vincent S. Gurrera, Esq.
* Defendants Barrett and Jackson deny allegations made by Pulice that claim a contract was breached and further deny that they owe Pulice any money. They restate their claim that they had to hire other professionals to repair the work done by Pulice, and seek judgment in an amount in excess of $20,000, interest, and expenses.
Case number: 08-C-37