Carl J. Roncaglione, Jr. v. Zion, Inc.
PA – Carl J. Roncaglione, Jr.; J- Bloom
* Attorney Carl Roncaglione filed a suit against a Zion, a Putnam County utility business, seeking $48,576 in unpaid legal bills. Roncaglione claims he represented Zion in 2002, when he was the attorney for Zion's predecessor in interest, Pipemasters, Inc., in a suit filed in Putnam County. According to the suit, Roncaglione provided legal services, including advice and representation, to Zion, but was not paid. He seeks the unpaid amount.
Case number: 08-C-1296
Louise Wood v. L. Dante DiTrapano, William H. Harding, DiTrapano, Barrett and DiPiero, PLLC
PA – Kimberly E. Williams; J – Berger
* Louise Wood filed a suit against Dante DiTrapano, an attorney currently serving time in federal prison, claiming her suit was dismissed after he failed to show up for her trial. DiTrapano was representing Wood in a Georgia court, after she filed a suit against someone who injured her in a car wreck. However, DiTrapano failed to show up for her trial, and was later arrested and pled guilty to being a drug addict in possession of a firearm. Wood claims DiTrapano's actions caused her to lose her compensation. She seeks judgment to recover her damages.
Case number: 08-C-1302
Mary E. Pauley v. PMI, LLC, Petroleum Products, Inc., One Stop, Inc., Ridge Line, Inc.
PA – Michael A. Turkaly; J – Walker
* Mary Pauley filed a suit against One Stop, claiming she suffered more than $33,500 when she fell in the Belle One Stop. Pauley was at the store July 10, 2006, when she slipped and fell, suffering injuries. She seeks $33,543.
Case number: 08-C-1304
Brady Settle v. Marshall University, Board of Governors, Larsen's Manufacturing Company
PA – Mark Underwood; J – Bloom
* Brady Settle filed a suit against Marshall University's Board of Governors after he injured his hand on a glass cover of a fire hose box. Settle claims he was walking in the Science Building on the Huntington campus when he fell and put his hand on the glass cabinet. The cabinet shattered and slashed, cut and sliced into his hand. Settle claims he no longer has the full use of his hand. He seeks general and specific damages and other punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1323
Tammy Lafawn Rucker v. WV Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority, Kevin R. Kessell, Terry Miller, the Executive Director of the West Virginia Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority, John McKay, as administrator of the South Central Regional Jail
PA – Ronald Hatfield; J – King
* Tammy Rucker filed a suit against Kevin Kessell, a correctional officer with the West Virginia Regional Jail Authority, claiming he forced her to engage in sexual acts while she was an inmate at the South Central Regional Jail. Rucker claims Kessel engaged in threats of violent reprisal against her as an intimidation tactic in order to hide his sexual engagement then gave her contraband material in an effort to keep her from telling about his actions. Rucker claims she suffered injuries, including the deprivation of her civil rights, personal injuries, severe emotional distress, loss of certain freedoms, pain and suffering while incarcerated, loss of opportunity, attorneys' fees and costs and other various damages. She seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1330