Estate of John Wilbur Alderman Jr., et al., v. Jane Alderman
PA – Ancil Ramey; J – King
* The estate of John Wilbur Alderman Jr. filed a suit against Jane Alderman, claiming she illegally took property, including Pittsburgh Steelers season football tickets. According to the suit, Jane Alderman stole checks from John Alderman while he suffered from terminal liver and lung cancer. The suit says Jane Alderman wrote more than 20 checks from her ex-husband's personal bank account, even though she was not listed as a signatory on the account. In the nine-count suit, the estate seeks compensatory and punitive damages, as well as an injunction stopping Jane Alderman from refusing to return the wrongfully obtained property.
Case number: 08-C-1908
Joyce Summers v. Tater's Pit Stop Inc., David S. Tate.
PA – Marvin Masters; J – King
* Joyce Summers filed a suit against Tater's Pit Stop, claiming she was injured when she fell in the parking lot. According to the suit, Summers suffered more than $3,621 medical expenses and expects to have future medical bills. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1940
Nancy A. Brasseur v. Lowe's Home Center Inc.
PA – Edwin H. Pancake; J – King
* Nancy A. Brasseur filed a suit against Lowe's Home Center Inc., after she was injured by debris in an aisle at a Charleston store. Brasseur claims she suffered an injury to the connective tissue of her left ankle. Brasseur claims Lowe's had a duty to keep the store clear of debris, which created a dangerous and hazardous condition. According to the suit, Brasseur seeks compensatory and punitive damages to cover her injuries.
Case number: 08-C-1942
Elizabeth Byus, as the executrix of Julia E. Daniel, deceased v. Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
PA-John E. Sutter and Roger A. Decanio; J-Berger
* Elizabeth Byus filed a suit against Mylan Pharmaceutical on behalf of her mother, Julia E. Daniel, who allegedly died after consuming a prescription drug manufactured by Mylan. Byus claims her mother ingested Digetek, a prescription drug widely used in the treatment of various heart conditions, including atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter and heart failure that cannot be controlled by other medications. Byus claims her mother had an irregular heartbeat and had a pacemaker installed. Daniel also took Digetek. As a result of her ingestion of Digetek, Daniel suffered toxicity and died May 16, 2008. In the six-count suit, Byus seeks compensatory and punitive damages for her mother's estate.
Case number: 08-C-1954
Robin D. Spencer v. Tammy J. Daniels
PA – Andrew Nason; J – Berger
* Robin D. Spencer filed a suit against Tammy J. Daniels, claiming Daniels' dog attacked her while she was walking her own dog. Spencer claims Daniels owned an 8-year-old Rottweiler and Lab mix named Blackie. Spencer claims Blackie exited Daniels' yard, crossed the road and attacked Spencer's dog, then viciously attacked Spencer. According to the suit, Spencer suffered injuries and expensed for doctors, hospital, medications and other medical care. She claims she has lost ability and capacity to enjoy life and loss of income. Spencer seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1979
Amanda Cottrell v. Drs. Wilson and Martino, of Charleston, Tontra Lowe D.D.S. and Wilmar Management Company, LLC
PA – J. Michael Ranson; J – Bloom
* Amanda Cottrell filed a suit against Wilson Martino Dental Associates in West Virginia and dentist Tontra Lowe, claiming she suffered severe dental problems after a dental makeover. Cottrell had Lowe restore eight teeth, but was left with poor restorations and large amounts of cement in various areas of her mouth. Cottrell claims she suffered infection, development of an abscess, open margins in her mouth and gingival damage requiring grafting procedures to correct. Cottrell claims she has endured pain and suffering, mental anguish and emotional distress, annoyance and inconvenience and loss of ability to enjoy life.
Case number: 08-C-1980